Filter to exclude 1 monitor

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
rolleye

Filter to exclude 1 monitor

Post by rolleye »

Greetings.

I am struggling with writing a filter...

I have 5 cams configured and working under ZM presently. I would like to exclude one of teh cams from a filter and can't figure out how to do it.

My cams are named something like this:
  • P1
    P2
    P3
    P4
    NOTP
I would like to set up an upload filter that uploads events from P1 - P4 but skips uploading events from the NOTP camera.

I have the filter working with all the cameras but I can not figure out a way to exclude the NOTP cameras ?

Anyone dealt with excluding a source from a filter ?

Thanks
mikb

Re: Filter to exclude 1 monitor

Post by mikb »

In the filters page, where you can set up the rules, you need to add an extra line to your filter -- click the "+" half of the +/- icon at the right side.

Then on the new line that pops up

"and" "Monitor Name" "equal to" "P1"

This will give you just events from P1. You could also do it as "not equal to" "NOTP" instead.

Test with the "submit" button to see you are getting the events matched correctly.

I don't know how to do, for example "Date is today" AND ( "Monitor name equals P1" OR "Monitor name equals P2" OR "Monitor name equals P3" ) correctly, because that *needs* brackets around all the ORs to gather them up to make sure it does the right thing.

You may end up with more than one rule doing similar things, so one rule for P1, one P2 etc.

Have a play with those options.

[edit: I do know how to do a load of OR's ... look at "and" "Monitor Name" "in set" and then put "P1,P2,P3,P4" as the set of cameras to match. I learned something :) ]
rolleye

Re: Filter to exclude 1 monitor

Post by rolleye »

Thanks for the reply.

I actually played around and made it work. I was sure I tried what ened up working before and it didn't work ...

I did add another line with the + and used

and Monitor Name not equal to NOTP

Like magic it started skipping the events for that camera only - just what I wanted.

Like I said, I was sure that I tried that configuration before my post..

Probaly operator error. :)