ZM console web page -no link to monitor the cam

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
active8

ZM console web page -no link to monitor the cam

Post by active8 »

Hello, everyone

According to the ZM wiki, the monitor should be a link that I can click to view the cam output. It is never a link.

Does anyone have it as a link in the console? What is the url to monitor my cam? I'll enter it manually if I have to.

Thanks in advance

Mike
mikb

Re: ZM console web page -no link to monitor the cam

Post by mikb »

active8 wrote: According to the ZM wiki, the monitor should be a link that I can click to view the cam output. It is never a link.

Does anyone have it as a link in the console?
It is rendered as "not-a-link" if the camera is not functioning or not enabled. So :-

Have you set the camera's parameters correctly under "source" (3rd column of console) and then
Have you set it to be something OTHER THAN "None" under "function" (2nd column of console), such as "monitor" for starters ...

If you've done both of those but no link, then look at the zoneminder log (in /var/log/zm/zm.log, or wherever you put it on your system, failing that, top right corner of the console where it says Options/Log ... click "Log") and see if there's any useful errors saying what didn't work.

How sure are you the camera is working at all? That is, can you see it's output independently of ZoneMinder in other apps, or if it's an IP Camera, in a web browser ...) ?