Video hoses up after 14+ hours

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
chaoticmachinery

Video hoses up after 14+ hours

Post by chaoticmachinery »

Hello,

The video feed hoses up after 14-20 hours when I am pulling from my Foscam. The top 1/2 inch of the feed is fine and everything below is just a big smear. After a while it will go back to being perfect and then start hosing up again. If I restart the zoneminder service, then I am good for 14-20 hours again.

I have logged into the camera via a Windows box and the video look fine. I have even left it logged in for 24+ hours through the web browser with no issues to the video while Zoneminder version of the video is hosed.

I got a Foscam FI9821W and setup it up to use ffmpeg to do the video grab. I have tried ffmpeg 0.6 and 1.0 versions. Both act the same.

I am open to any suggestions. I hate to think I have setup a cron to restart the service every X amount of hours.

Thanks,
CM
spineytoad

Re: Video hoses up after 14+ hours

Post by spineytoad »

I am having the same problem, have you gotten it figured out, I have included an image of what I am seeing, anyone know how to stop this? It seems to not do this while viewing images on the camera. It's a hisilicone 3507
Attachments
imageTear.jpg
imageTear.jpg (60.95 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I don't currently have any ffmpeg cameras so I can't say I've seen this issue.
However, have either of you considered using the 1.26 beta?

The beta includes mastertheknife's performance patch. In his thread, he mentioned fixing an image corruption issue. Don't know if it the same one you are experiencing though.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
dragand

Post by dragand »

Hi i have similar problem with grandstream ip cameras for a few seconds and after that everything is ok then after few munutes again.Did you find solution

Thanks
river100

Post by river100 »

I had that same problem with 7 Dahua 2100 cams on ffmpeg. ZM vers 1.25.0
It came and went on all if them and only happened for a couple of seconds.
The cams were set at 1280x720 @ 25fps.
Since storage was my biggest concern at the time I dropped the frame rate to 10 on
some and 15 on others. Then went further and dropped resolution to 704x576 on 4 of them.

Not one camera has smeared since, the frame rate, not resolution change seemed to
be the difference.

Not a perfect fix but you could try playing with frame rate, maybe go from there.

I doubt the hardware was not falling behind it's running on a socket 1155 server board
with 16gb ram and an Intel E3-2130 V2. CPU % has not gone over 35 on any core
and with motion detect on all 7 cams the load stays below 1.0. most of the time
around .40