PTZ control list empty when source = FFMPEG

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
gmar_87

PTZ control list empty when source = FFMPEG

Post by gmar_87 »

I am trying to control PT for a Foscam FI9821W camera set up using ffmpeg, but the control scripts list is blank. I have created a control script and added it Zoneminder, but it is not available for use by cameras that are using ffmpeg as the source.

If camera source is set to "ffmpeg" the drop down list for "control type" under the control tab is empty.
If camera source is set to "remote" all control scripts are available in the drop down list.
If camera source is set to "local" only 3 control scripts (Pelco-D, Pelco-P, Sony Visca) are available in the drop down list.

Is this by design or a bug?

If by design, where is the config for this and what options in the scripts are checked to determine if they are made available?

Cheers,
John
zeke2135

Re: PTZ control list empty when source = FFMPEG

Post by zeke2135 »

I've noticed the same thing. However, if I set up control in remote mode and then switch to ffmpeg mode, it still seems to allow control, even tho the list of control options is empty. I've done this on two cameras. So, I think it remembers the previous setting when you switch from remote to ffmpeg. Unfortunately I don't think this is 100% reliable. On one camera I somehow lost control capability in ffmpeg mode, and had to create a new monitor, set up control in remote mode, and switch to ffmpeg as I mentioned (maybe just switching back to remote mode and back would work also). I don't know if there was something I did differently to lose control for that one camera. I think I played around w/ some settings in ffmpeg mode before I even noticed the issue, so maybe something I did in ffmpeg mode reset the control option to none.
Karthu

Post by Karthu »

You need to make changes in two places for it to accept Ffmpeg as a type in the Controls creation.

Change this file to add the Ffmpeg option in the classic skin

Code: Select all

skins/classic/views/controlcap.php:348
        $types = array( 'Local'=>$SLANG['Local'], 'Remote'=>$SLANG['Remote'], 'Ffmpeg'=>$SLANG['Ffmpeg'] );
Add the type to the Controls mysql Type column enum

Code: Select all

$ mysql -h localhost -u zmuser -pzmpass zm
mysql> alter table Controls modify column Type enum('Local', 'Remote', 'Ffmpeg') not null default 'Local'
These changes should then make Ffmpeg type available in the Control edit screen, and then the Ffmpeg Control you have created should subsequently appear in the list of Controls available for the Ffmpeg Monitor you have created.

Ideally these changes would be made available upstream in the Zoneminder github repo so we do not need to hack it to work this way.

HTH,
-Paul
christophe_y2k

Post by christophe_y2k »

Hey Thanks you !!! for this cool patch
before i need to edit ZM sql with phpmyadmin for select good ptz protocol for my h264(only) foscam cam...
cfwilk

Post by cfwilk »

This worked great and did indeed give me an option to select "Ffmpeg" when creating a new control. However, the dropdown for Control Type still does not populate with any protocols as long as the Source Type on the General Tab is set to Ffmpeg.

Am I still doing something wrong?

Thanks.