Limiting upload filter event count

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
m_kane

Limiting upload filter event count

Post by m_kane »

Hi,

I want zoneminder to send events via ftp, but only when I am not home. I can activate upload filter when I leave home, but it starts to upload old events. I can't find how to limit events recorded after filter is activated.

I tried this:
"date/time greater than -10 minutes"

Goal is to set time to same as filter running cycle time, so it always checks only newer events.

but it does not work. How I tell zoneminder not upload old events?

If someone knows, how to "automate" setting filter on/off with single click, I would be happy. So when I leave home, I only click once, and filter is running. When come back, another click and filter is off.
jameswilson

Re: Limiting upload filter event count

Post by jameswilson »

rather than try that why not stop it recording events when your home then start them again as you leave.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
m_kane

Post by m_kane »

I don't want to do that. In that scenario, it depends my memory, if I remember to put recording on. Better is let it record all time, but upload events only as "backup", if somebody finds and steals my zoneminder box.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Search the forums for "change run states" to see if that's a possible solution. Changing run state allows you to use any of several ZM configurations. It also works with cron for timed changes. Hope that helps.