Power Outages caused log in issues

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
BobS0327

Power Outages caused log in issues

Post by BobS0327 »

I recently experienced two back to back power outages which have corrupted my ZM. Prior to the outages, I used the default setting to access ZM. That is, I was not prompted to login using a userid and password. After the outages, I am prompted to login.

The ZM URL listing has been changed to ZM_WEB_TITLE_PREFIX - login. Previously, it was just listed as login with the URL path listed below it.

I tried logging in the with the default admin\admin which allows me to continue but a "Not Found" message appears. It states that the requested URL /undefined was not found on this server.
The URL is listed as xxxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxx:8080/undefined.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in order to get my ZM back up and running.

***EDIT***
It appears that my mySql Config table is completely empty after the power outage. So, I tried to stop ZM and manually recreate the Config table but I got the following message
Stopping ZoneMinder: Bareword "ZM_PATH_LOGS" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /opt/zm/share/perl/5.12.4/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 153.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /opt/zm/share/perl/5.12.4/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 168.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zm/share/perl/5.12.4/ZoneMinder.pm line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zm/share/perl/5.12.4/ZoneMinder.pm line 34.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zm/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zm/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.
failure
So, my question is how do I stop the ZM service and what is the best way to repopulate the Config table?

*** SECOND EDIT ***
Problem has been resolved by recreating and repopulating the Config table. I had to move the zm service to a backup folder in /etc/init.d folder in order to stop zm on boot up and then move it back to init.d after I fixed the mySQL problem.

*** THIRD EDIT ***
Fixing the Config table also resolved my problem with stopping ZM. I now have absolutely no problems stopping/starting ZM from the command line.
CarlC

Re: Power Outages caused log in issues

Post by CarlC »

What specifically did you do to recreate the config table?

ZM consumed all the disk space on the /tmp which caused it to crash. Shutdown ZM and restarted it and received the exact same error :-(

When I look at the config table, I see 1 entry, so I'm guessing things are pretty hooped also, but I shutter at the thought of trying to recreate all the configs.

Thanks for any assistance/pointers you can provide.

*** EDIT: I did find some info on how to fix it (though this forum won't let me link to it which is stupid) and did so. ***