Vivotek IP8362 Camera Quick Review & Setup

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
repomannwp

Vivotek IP8362 Camera Quick Review & Setup

Post by repomannwp »

Ordered this camera to monitor the front yard of my house, specs looked good on paper and there were other Vivotek's listed as supported. Key features I was looking for: 1080 resolution, outdoor, decent IR illumination, IP with POE. I personally like bullet style cameras more than dome or others. Also, I like PTZ, but I was willing to give that up in favor of high resolution and cost. Camera cost me $650

To get it up on my Ubuntu 12.04 / Zoneminder 1.25.x was pretty straightforward. I didn't change any settings on the camera, and setup zoneminder as follows:

General:
Name - repocam
Source Type - Remote
Function - Modect
Enabled - check
Maximum FPS - 20.00
Alarm Maximum FPS 30.00

Source:
Remote Protocol - HTTP
Remote Method - Simple
Remote Host Name - (my cameras IP address)
Remote host Port: 8080
Remote Host Path: /videoany.mjpg?codectype=mjpeg
Remote Image Colors - 24 bit color
Capture Width - 1920
Capture Height - 1080

Came right up, 20fps. Motion detection seemed to function well, it did put a pretty decent load on my zoneminder server - which with 3 wireless cameras (VGA resolution) all motion detected was running about 25% CPU load, and with this HD cam jumped up to 50%

Next I configured with RTSP, which I couldn't get working until I found the right settings on the camera as follows
1. Point browser at IP address of camera
2. Select "Configuration" near bottom left
3. Click on "Advanced Mode"
4. Click on Media -> Video
5. This is where it took me awhile, click on the text that says "Video settings for stream 1", or the little blue icon on the left
6. Select "MPEG-4"
7. Set other params the way you want, I leave full res with high quality video
8. Save

Now configure Zonminder as follows:
Source:
Remote Protocol - RTSP
Remote Method - RTP/RTSP
Remote Hostname - <ip address of your camera>
Remote Host Port - 554
Remote Host Path - /live.sdp
Remote Image Colors - 24 bit color
Capture Width - 1920
Capture Height - 1080

That should do it. I'm still just starting out with this camera, and I'll post additional findings as I have them.
Flasheart

Re: Vivotek IP8362 Camera Quick Review & Setup

Post by Flasheart »

Thanks for the details. I've added the camera to my database at digdilem.org/cameras alongside another Vivotek - path the same but I think that's a lower res.