BLUE SCREEN PROBLEM

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
GreatBazunka

BLUE SCREEN PROBLEM

Post by GreatBazunka »

I have setup zoneminder on ubuntu 12.04 server. Added three monitors to the system which are all trendnet 312W, 121w, and 410. The same thing happens when i click on any of them to see the live feed. It shows a blue screen with the timestamp in the corner counting the seconds, but the screen remains blue and the feed never shows. Just the timestamp on the blue screen. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Oh and i have errors in the log from all three monitors, unable to capture image and connection dropped by remote end.
McFuzz

Re: BLUE SCREEN PROBLEM

Post by McFuzz »

GreatBazunka wrote:I have setup zoneminder on ubuntu 12.04 server. Added three monitors to the system which are all trendnet 312W, 121w, and 410. The same thing happens when i click on any of them to see the live feed. It shows a blue screen with the timestamp in the corner counting the seconds, but the screen remains blue and the feed never shows. Just the timestamp on the blue screen. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Oh and i have errors in the log from all three monitors, unable to capture image and connection dropped by remote end.

Shot in the wild here but - do you have it configured with the proper path? I.e. /video/mjpg.cgi...?
Christo

Post by Christo »

McFuzz wrote:
GreatBazunka wrote:I have setup zoneminder on ubuntu 12.04 server. Added three monitors to the system which are all trendnet 312W, 121w, and 410. The same thing happens when i click on any of them to see the live feed. It shows a blue screen with the timestamp in the corner counting the seconds, but the screen remains blue and the feed never shows. Just the timestamp on the blue screen. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Oh and i have errors in the log from all three monitors, unable to capture image and connection dropped by remote end.

Shot in the wild here but - do you have it configured with the proper path? I.e. /video/mjpg.cgi...?
You should try: ls /dev/video*

Regards, Christo
Carrier82

Post by Carrier82 »

I'm a bit confused: what does /dev/video* have to do with IP cameras on a zoneminder server?
Christo

Post by Christo »

Carrier82 wrote:I'm a bit confused: what does /dev/video* have to do with IP cameras on a zoneminder server?
I am sorry, I didn't get that youll have IP-cams installed.

But I think that something is wrong with you ZoneMinder settings because "Blue Mute" means that the videostream is not recognized.

Kind regards and success, Christo