Problems controlling an Apexis J901 PTZ camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
ihr

Problems controlling an Apexis J901 PTZ camera

Post by ihr »

Hi All,

I'm using Ubuntu Desktop LST 12.04 + the "official" zm1.25.0 with a connected Apexis APM-J901-Z-WS PTZ Camera.
The live video is working perfectly, by i'm not able to control the PAN/TILT or ZOOM functions, although i get the arrows shown when pressing "Control".

I have tried various distro's and both 32- and 64-bit versions without any positive result, but unfortunately i only have this one PTZ camera, so i'm not able to tryout another camera.

The camera has been setup as described in the list of useable cameras -> Apexis -> Apexis J901, using the Control protocol for Apexis MJPEG Cameras.

Pressing one of the arrows dosn't do anything, and
After a while i get a pop-up message in the live video-screen stating:
"Control responce was status = undefined
Message = /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --autostop --command=moveConDown --id=2=>"

And the logfile shows:
Component=zmcontrol, PID=2790, Level=FAT, Message="Can't Connect: No such file or directory", File=zmcontrol.pl

Of course i have double-checked the entry of the Control protocol as well as owner and access rights are exactly the same as the other protocols listed in /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Control.

Can anybody help solving this problem - Thanks a lot in advance. :D :D :D

IHR.
beerygaz

Re: Problems controlling an Apexis J901 PTZ camera

Post by beerygaz »

IHR, did you ever get any resolution to your problem? I'm having the same issues wit hthe same camera following the ZM wiki. I can control the camera via sending the correct URL from a broswer, but when I try to control the camera via ZM, I get the following in the logs:
Apr 17 10:43:54 cctv zmcontrol[5645]: FAT [Can't connect: No such file or directory]
Apr 17 10:43:54 cctv web_php[13321]: ERR [/usr/local/bin/zmcontrol.pl --autostop --command=moveConRight --id=21=>]