Constant Recording Problems

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Librarian

Constant Recording Problems

Post by Librarian »

I currently have 9 cameras set up to monitor different parts of a building (all inside) via Mocord. Problem is that they will constantly record every minute of every day even when we are closed and no one is in the building. I've tried a lot of different settings and they all come out with the same result. Any ideas why?

Using Axis P3344 and M3204 cameras on Debian. If there is any other information you need just ask, thanks!
Christo

Re: Constant Recording Problems

Post by Christo »

Hello Librarian,

These settings can be changed within de Monitor Source setting, see TAB Misc. Change the default settings (600 sec.) as set in the field Section Length.

Regards and success!!
Christo
superpin

Post by superpin »

Choose Modect instead of Mocord if you only want to record when ZM detects motion.
Librarian

Post by Librarian »

@Christo I thought that only changed how long each recording was? I had it set to 60 instead of 600 and it recorded at all times no matter what.

@superpin Tried setting that but then it never recorded.
Christo

Post by Christo »

Hi Librarian,

Sorry to tell you that suggested settings worked for me.. in Mocord, if noting is detected, this recording will be overwritten by the next run.. I have this running during daytime on 4 Camera's without failure!!

If you don't want to waste video and get te full section length, just set the zone detection to high sensitive.

I think these settings will work when Record settings are used, please read the help file on ZM_BULK_FRAME_INTERVAL (Options / config menu)

Good Luck!!
Christo
IceKold0

Post by IceKold0 »

Yes, I too am experiencing this exact same issue...

"Modect" is set up but when I go to preview the camera I see the "Status" as constantly "Recording"... if I move my hand then I see "Alert" and "Alarm" but then it returns to "Recording"...

After the alloted 600seconds under the monitor settings a new Event is immediately begun as if recording resumes another 600seconds... obviously not very desirable...!

Kinda need a fix for this as it'll look a bit daft that the first "Alarm" will trigger a continuous recording frenzy!

Many thanks and, so far, great product!!!