remote cam connection [solved]

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
defacto7

remote cam connection [solved]

Post by defacto7 »

I have 2 machines running zoneminder. One is Ubuntu Server 12.04-64 zm 1.25, the other is Ubuntu 10.04 desktop-64 zm 1.24. The server is on a static WAN IP from my block, The other is firewalled to an inside network IP. I am trying to get the cams on the inside to connect to the outside server via zm remote settings. The firewall is not a problem; the ports etc. are moving through with no "refused" errors or blocks. The problem is, the pics don't get through although the status on the monitor is orange not red. That tells me the call to the cam is wrong or the like. The cams work fine locally. They are simply old digital cameras with RCA jacks on a 4 channel card.

I have tried these Remote Host Paths:

/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=1&scale=75&maxfps=2&buffer=1000

/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=1

After doing a bit of searching, these seem to be the only remote host paths that half way work.

I'm sure there could be a lot of other possibilities and there could be other issues I have not thought of.

If anyone has any pointers or examples of remote host paths that may work to connect these cams to the server, I would appreciate the input.

Log Errors:

Code: Select all

socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-990345s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory
Terminating, last frame sent time 1339186306.711191 secs more than maximum of 10.000000
Can't find process with command of 'zma -m 4'
'zmc -m 4' exited abnormally, exit status 255
Failed to pre-capture monitor 4 (0/1)
Unable to connect to camera
Can't connect to remote camera: Connection timed out
Thanks!
Last edited by defacto7 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
defacto7

Re: remote cam connection

Post by defacto7 »

Sorry to bump this but I still am getting nowhere. Most of my other issues are solved but I didn't figure this one out yet. My thanks to the guy who PM'd me on the subject but that didn't work either.

Any takers? I will leave this alone after this bump.

Thanks for all the help everyone.
defacto7

Re: remote cam connection

Post by defacto7 »

Fixed the problem; it was purely Apache related.

I had to add a virtualhost port and an extra listen port to ports.conf as well as add a virtualhost to /conf.d/virtualhost.conf because my incoming port from the outside server would not forward to port 80 on the inside of my firewall. So I'm not using port 80 at all.

Just in case someone runs into apache issues that don't show in the logs for remote cams.

Otherwise, all the remote settings work just fine.