script for controling brightness and contrast [solved]

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
defacto7

script for controling brightness and contrast [solved]

Post by defacto7 »

One thing I like about Zoneminder is the "state" setting that can be called by a cron script. It doesn't seem to be able to control the brightness, contrast, colour or hue though.

Does anyone know of scripts that access that part of the Zoneminder programming and are used for automatically setting those adjustments?

If not, does anyone know what part of the Zoneminder program is responsible for that control? I could dig through it and see if I could come up with some ideas to make that script. I would also be interested in any commands and usage parameters that are passed that make brightness, contrast etc. do what they do.

I'm eventually going help set up a group of 10 cams for a small private school, and a little bit of automation in that regard would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Last edited by defacto7 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobS0327

Re: script for controling brightness and contrast

Post by BobS0327 »

One thing I like about Zoneminder is the "state" setting that can be called by a cron script. It doesn't seem to be able to control the brightness, contrast, colour or hue though.

Does anyone know of scripts that access that part of the Zoneminder programming and are used for automatically setting those adjustments?
I'm not aware of any scripts that can modify those adjustments. I'm currently working on a project that interfaces ZM with a commercial security controller. My initial approach was to utilize my application on a Windows computer. But this proved to be too complex. So, now I'm developing my app as a Linux app. I did do some initial work on Windows and did develop a Net utility to update the Monitor functions. I posted this Net utility at http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19215.

You can use this Net utility as a reference since the brightness, contrast and hue adjustments are fields within the Monitors table of the ZM database.

But anyway, I have to convert that Net app to Linux C to continue with my project. When I do convert it, I will post it in the User Contributions forum. So, you can make a simple modification to this new util when its posted to resolve your problem if you don't find a resolution prior to positng.
BobS0327

Post by BobS0327 »

I've just posted C source code in the user contributions forum that changes the function of a particular monitor. You can modify this code to automatically set/change brightness, color and hue. Here's the link http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19339
defacto7

Post by defacto7 »

BobS0327 wrote:I've just posted C source code in the user contributions forum that changes the function of a particular monitor. You can modify this code to automatically set/change brightness, color and hue. Here's the link http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19339
Bob... You are the man!

Thanks for the code. There's info in it that will be really helpful for any number of things. I'll certainly use it.

Here's 5 stars...

defacto7

Re: script for controling brightness and contrast [solved]

Post by defacto7 »

Yup... did it. Gees, am I getting old or something? It really wasn't a big deal to make a PHP script and set it in cron to change the brightness and contrast at certain times of the day. It's all in root of the same machine so really nothing needs to be called from the outside and works fine.

Thanks for jogging my memory a little, Bob.