More than 6 inputs on 1.25.0?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Maxxarcade

More than 6 inputs on 1.25.0?

Post by Maxxarcade »

For some reason I can't get the last two inputs working on my newly configured system. I remember someone saying that 1.25.0 had an issue with using more than 6 analog inputs, but I can't find the post.

I'm using an 8 channel card that has the Conexant CX2388x chipset. Installed on Ubuntu Server 12.04 using a procedure on the Wiki. Everything seems fine other than I can't get the last two inputs to work. The sources turn red and the monitor screens are white.

lspci shows all 8 chips, but I can't remember how to verify operation with V4L. Any advice?
Maxxarcade

Re: More than 6 inputs on 1.25.0?

Post by Maxxarcade »

Also just noticed that there are a bunch of shared data size conflicts in the log. I think I may have messed up the install somewhere.

I had to reboot a few times, because after a while one or more inputs would go to a green screen with only 4 fps. Odd. I wish I knew enough about Linux to troubleshoot this stuff on my own, but I only have basic Linux knowledge.
Maxxarcade

Post by Maxxarcade »

I've been reading about Memory.pl and how to change the arch setting. Problem is, the file does not exist for Zoneminder. I found one at /usr/share/perl/5.14.2/CPANPLUS/Internals/Source/Memory.pm but it does not even contain the $arch string.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

find / -name Memory.pl

It should appear at least 2 times.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...