stream freeze

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
JonMoore

stream freeze

Post by JonMoore »

Hello,

We have a barrier on the entrance to our car park that is raised from one of the offices, this office has a screen with the stream from the barrier cam showing on it in a web browser.

The problem is that the stream will freese after a few hours, I've tried mjpeg and mpeg with different formats but it seems to always be the same.

refreshing the page will unfreese the stream and give us the live view again.
Can anyone suggest what the problem may be, I'm sure people monitoring security cameras shouldn't need to refresh the browser every couple of hours to keep te stream live?

Events are still being generated and recorded whilst this happens.

I've also tried opening the live view on different computers and the same thing happens.

Cheers,
Jon
gblanco

Re: stream freeze

Post by gblanco »

Same to me !
gblanco

Post by gblanco »

There is no detection if connection is broken
badger_fruit

Post by badger_fruit »

Could you please elaborate what Browser and what version it is that you're having the trouble with and if you've tried alternatives such as Chrome, Firefox etc.

I had a similar issue, while building my ZM server I had a monitor (an actual PC monitor) connected to the VGA socket so I could watch the feeds.
When I came back into work in the morning, the browser had frozen the stream but the services were all still happily working away.
As it happened overnight, I don't have a clue at the precise time or what triggered it.
Now my server is almost done, I monitor the feeds remotely via Firefox 12.0 on Windows 7 x64 and it seems to be OK and I have it on from 9am to 5pm without problem.
Because of this, it could have been the older Firefox I was using on the OpenSuSE machine, I didn't really follow it up but perhaps there may be something useful here for you to work with?
gblanco

Post by gblanco »

-Ubuntu 11.04
-Firefox 12.0
-Zoneminder 1.25.0
JonMoore

Post by JonMoore »

Hi!

Thanks for your response...

I've tried using IE7 on windows xp and firefox 12 on the same pc
I also get this problem with firefox 12 on ubuntu 11:10

I'll give chrome a go on the xp machine overnight and see if that makes any difference.

any further suggestions welcomed :)

Thanks again,
Jon