Debian Wheezy Zoneminder Crash

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
espressobeanie

Debian Wheezy Zoneminder Crash

Post by espressobeanie »

Hi,

I downloaded ZM from the Debian packages to where I could get v 1.25 and when I try to start it up, it crashes with this error:

root@Snafu:/usr/local/bin# /etc/init.d/zoneminder start
Starting ZoneMinder: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'zm.Config' doesn't exist at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 92.
Can't execute: Table 'zm.Config' doesn't exist at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.
failure

I checked to make sure that /etc/zm/zm.conf matched the MySQL database, login, etc... and it does. I tried dropping the database and starting from scratch. That didn't work. I tried giving select, create, drop, insert, alter, update, delete, execute for permissions. Nada.

I followed the steps in here:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 29&t=18824

except:

3. Opened Dolphin Super User and Edited the file /etc/zm_database_init.conf and changed the stated option to no and saved with kwrite:
[ZmDatabaseInit]
mysql-host = localhost
mysql-bin = /usr/bin/mysql
database-initialized = yes <<< changed to no

because I don't have the zm_database_init.conf file in that location.

Yet, I still can't start ZoneMinder. Does anyone know of a solution that I haven't tried?
espressobeanie

Re: Debian Wheezy Zoneminder Crash

Post by espressobeanie »

Got it. Now the index.php isn't loading, where with the error before, it definitely was.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

When the index page comes up blank change short_open_tag from 'off' to 'on' in php.ini. There's at least two entries so be sure to check and/or change them all.
espressobeanie

Post by espressobeanie »

Ty for the response bb99. I did a search for php.ini and of the relevant files that came up, that specific flag was set to on. I couldn't figure it out, so I just uninstalled ZM and used a simple script to reinstall everything and it worked like a charm. I now have it installed and working correctly. Not sure how I got that blank page. I even did a restart and that didn't work.