HELP: zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp:172: err: 'avcodec_decode_video2'

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
espressobeanie

HELP: zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp:172: err: 'avcodec_decode_video2'

Post by espressobeanie »

Hi all,

I've been using this guide http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... rom_source to build and install ZoneMinder on Debian Squeeze XFCE, however I keep getting this error:

zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp:172: error: 'avcodec_decode_video2' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [zm_ffmpeg_camera.o] Error 1

I have no clue what this means or how to fix this. Can anyone help? I'm trying to get this up and running asap because break-ins are pretty common where I live. Thanks.

I have no idea if this helps. When I type ./configure, everything comes up 'yes' for checking except these:

checking whether we are cross compiling...no
checking for _Bool... no
checking for struct sigcontext.exp... no
checking whether gcc needs -traditional...no
checking whether stat accepts an empty string... no
checking for _doprnt... no
checking for ioctlsocket... no
checking for x264_predict_16x16_init in -lavcore... no
checking pcre/pcre.h usability... no
checking pcre/pcre.h presence... no
checking for pcre/pcre.h...no
configure: WARNING: Expect is required for automatic event uploading using sftp

I'm guessing if a function was 'not declared in this scope, there must be a missing ffmpeg codec or something, but I'm not sure. Just to double check, I went back and install all of the libav files for ffmpeg. For starters is this an FFMPEG error or a package issue?
pfy42

Re: HELP: zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp:172: err: 'avcodec_decode_vid

Post by pfy42 »

Just solved this one, it wasn't too easy and looks like it could have many different causes :(

In the end it was caused by my haste rushing in headfirst and not paying attention while compiling libraries. There were multiple conflicting versions all over. In the end I ended up

apt-get remove ffmpeg ffmpeg-dev libavcodec-dev

(and a few others, basically anything I could find)

And then manually compiling ffmpeg - http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16628

I didn't use the script though - some stuff was different (i.e. I had to symlink /usr/local/lib/libx264.so.120 -> /usr/lib/libx264.so.120 instead of ...so.107 like the script said) - I ended up compiling version 0.8.7 with the latest git of libx264

I know this isn't much to go on but hopefully it will help point you in the right direction!
espressobeanie

Re: HELP: zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp:172: err: 'avcodec_decode_vid

Post by espressobeanie »

I'll definitely try that. I did use the ffmpeg from whatever version sits in the Debian repository, so I'll go back and compile ffmpeg by hand and see if that corrects the issue.