slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
bb99

Re: slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring bu

Post by bb99 »

If you stick to multiple zones then make them less sensitive to eliminate false alarms but sensitive enough to alarm the continuation of the recording for what you want to record; like I said trial and error... I should add that reference blend adjustments won't work for you on this, neither will "Overload Frame Ignore Count". You'll need to increase the minimum pixel value for the blob size for that individual zone so that it ignores the lights or block them with a strategically placed piece of cardboard (I have and am doing this now).
dogmeat206

Post by dogmeat206 »

This is the second view of the camera.....so many lights there ins't a way to block them out. Specially with the about ten lights flecting off the floor....
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Yep, looked at the floor as a problem (say thanks to your custodians). Use the zone presets to determine exactly which settings needs to be modified and in the right direction for each zone then change in that direction based on the "door" settings. Trail and error....
dogmeat206

Post by dogmeat206 »

So, I adjusted those settings to what you suggested and it seems to work a TON better.

Weird thing is my admins go up, and walk through, and zoneminder made three seperate videos. Seems each zone they went into, it made a new event.

But then I went up and had a single event for the whole thing. Which is what I want to do.....

Oh...and we were the ones who painted the floors that way =( Not thinking in the furture....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-10-24 at 4.45.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2011-10-24 at 4.45.23 PM.png (112.08 KiB) Viewed 7312 times
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Tell your counterparts to quit lolly gagging around or increase the post buffers again. You're walking through with authority and they're walking through with scepticism. Increasing the post buffer by several seconds will beat their lack of consistent movement. Or maybe you need to increase the sensitivity on the zones they passed through. Play around and welcome to ZoneMinder!
bb99

Post by bb99 »

I just realized with your progress that I've done you a disservice. You can bring up an event and clink on stills; if you have options::config::CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES ticked you can look at exactly what ZM saw as motion and what it did not based on the red border (based on your posted zone settings; r=255). This tip is a great help in fine tuning zone sensitivity and eliminating false alarms.
dogmeat206

Post by dogmeat206 »

So this is what I came into today. 12 Events, based off the same 'visit' in the room.

You say increase your post buffer? What exactly is that? The Post Frames? At this point, I happen to be the only one working on the project as the other guy is back to asterix for now.

And so far, you have done me a massive help. You've made sense of alot of insanity.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 9.18.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 9.18.57 AM.png (137.68 KiB) Viewed 7306 times
Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 9.20.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 9.20.10 AM.png (164.69 KiB) Viewed 7306 times
Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 9.14.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 9.14.20 AM.png (204.72 KiB) Viewed 7306 times
dogmeat206

Post by dogmeat206 »

bb99 wrote:I just realized with your progress that I've done you a disservice. You can bring up an event and clink on stills; if you have options::config::CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES ticked you can look at exactly what ZM saw as motion and what it did not based on the red border (based on your posted zone settings; r=255). This tip is a great help in fine tuning zone sensitivity and eliminating false alarms.
ive got the analysis stuff working and sometimes it wont actually give that data. Its kinda strange but so far its working fine.

They have been up in that room all day working on some things, so I am sure they are trigging that system like mad.

So far so good. I think I will leave the zones off the 2nd monitor and see how things work for a next week or so.

I apprecaite your help quite a bit.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Because your blob size appears small (distance from camera) I'd try to adjust "Min/Maximum Alarmed Area" minimun value to 2 or 1 testing each change. Also try adjusting the "Min/Maximum Blob Area" minimum value to 1. This should make the system a little more sensitive and help stop breaking up the events. Worth a try anyway.
dogmeat206

Post by dogmeat206 »

BB99,

I'll give it a whirl. It kinda got pushed to the side by the craziness of daily business. I'll let ya know ;)

Thanks again.
tkalfaoglu

Re: slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer

Post by tkalfaoglu »

Sorry to rehash this issue; but I'm plagued with an ffmpeg rtsp camera.
If I do NOT set a maximum FPS in zoneminder, I get lots of these errors.
If I set an FPS, then I get no errors, but a blue screen as well :(
I toned down the camera to 3 fps, but still I get lots of errors. :(

Never mind: The error stops if I change Modect to None for a camera that is not connected right now..
Deselecting enabled is apparently not enough. Sorry for the troubles I was counting wrong.