Event playback lags/pauses during motion frames

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
gmar_87

Event playback lags/pauses during motion frames

Post by gmar_87 »

I have noticed a ~1 second pause during modect event playback. The pauses seem to occur on the frames that were detected as motion. I don't remember this happening in v1.24.4...
Is this by design or a bug?
Is there a way to stop this behaviour? Can be annoying when playing back events at fast speed.

Cheers,
John
IMSancho

Re: Event playback lags/pauses during motion frames

Post by IMSancho »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same issue on 1.24.4 and have had no luck solving it. It is as if the capture daemon pauses while the pre-event images are written to disk before continuing to record. I've tried setting OPT_FRAME_SERVER but this led to missing frames in events which caused playback problems, and the original issue still remained.
gmar_87

Post by gmar_87 »

Hi IMSancho,

Sorry, but i can't remember what i did to fix this, or if i did anything at all... Just now I tried to playback some events at different speeds and the issue didn't occur... I'm running v1.25.0 on Ubuntu 11.04.

I was playing with the monitor buffers and zone config a lot during the time i was experiencing this "pause" issue, so maybe those settings fixed it.

Cheers,
John
IMSancho

Post by IMSancho »

Thanks for the feedback, I'm also still unsure what was causing the issue, but after a lot of trial and error getting me nowhere with different settings I backed up my database, deleted and recreated it from the initial zm_create file, and then imported in just the motion zone info from the old DB. This seems to have gotten rid of the issue, so either it's caused by some obscure setting I couldn't find or some sort of database corruption.
Yamanipanuchi

Post by Yamanipanuchi »

What type of camera's are these? I know I had the same problem with my Axis camera's. I could not control the frame rate with the built in feature of Zoneminder. I have to put it into the URL for accessing the camera.

/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?fps=5

I had to use the above in the "Remote Host Path".