Outline/Box around detected motion

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
gmar_87

Outline/Box around detected motion

Post by gmar_87 »

Is there a way to show an outline/box/circle around detected motion or objects? I would like to be able to see this in both the stream view and stills.

Currently i only get a box around the entire monitor border when there is an alarm/alert. I would like to see exactly where ZoneMinder detected motion.

I have the "Options>Config>CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES" and "Options>Config>WEIGHTED_ALARM_CENTRES" enabled!

Zone settings (640x480):
Zone name = All
Type = Active
Units = Percent
Alarm colour = Red
Alarm check method = AlarmedPixels
Min/Max Pixel threshold = 10/0
Min/Max Alarmed Area = 5/0
Overload Frame Ignore Count = 0
IMSancho

Re: Outline/Box around detected motion

Post by IMSancho »

If you change your check method in your zone settings to 'Blob' you will then see an outline in alarmed frames, though I don't know of any way to show it during playback.

You can find the alarmed frames by going to an event, and clicking the 'frames' link, then scroll down to the highlighted frames and click the number. This also gives a stats link which is handy for tuning your zone settings.
gmar_87

Re: Outline/Box around detected motion

Post by gmar_87 »

IMSancho wrote:If you change your check method in your zone settings to 'Blob' you will then see an outline in alarmed frames, though I don't know of any way to show it during playback.

You can find the alarmed frames by going to an event, and clicking the 'frames' link, then scroll down to the highlighted frames and click the number. This also gives a stats link which is handy for tuning your zone settings.
Thanks IMSancho. Using Blobs shows detection outline in stills view.
I am having trouble getting Blobs to detect motion that is far away though... Going to play some more with the parameters!