Zone settings for modect - Foscam FI8918W

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
gmar_87

Zone settings for modect - Foscam FI8918W

Post by gmar_87 »

I have a couple of Foscam FI8918W PT cameras mounted under cover (out doors) and have noticed not all motion is being detected.
With the default settings, most motion that occurs within 2-3 metres of the camera is detected by ZoneMinder and treated as an alarm. However, any motion that occurs at distance greater than 3 metres usually goes undetected.

My monitor set-up is as follows:
Pixels = 640 x 480
Image Buffer Size (frames) = 40
Warmup Frames = 10
Pre Event Image Count = 15
Post Event Image Count = 40
Stream Replay Image Buffer = 1000
Alarm Frame Count = 1

I have now started to play with the Zone settings for the Foscam monitoring my front yard. So far the following is working ok, but i am capturing a lot of tree movement and light changes.

Zone name = All
Type = Active
Units = Percent
Alarm colour = Red
Alarm check method = AlarmedPixels
Min/Max Pixel threshold = 10/0
Min/Max Alarmed Area = 5/0
Overload Frame Ignore Count = 0

Blobs didn't seem to work well, but i think this is because i don't yet fully understand all parameters...

I understand i can create many zones to limit the amount of useless alarms, but being a PT camera this doesn't work well. When the camera moves to a different preset position, the zones defined for the previous position are still in place. Therefore inactive zones may be covering areas that i want active. If zone mapping to presets is possible please let me know - i have this thread open regarding this http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... +to+preset

My questions to fellow ZoneMinder members:

- What zone settings are you using for outdoor modect?
- What zone settings are you using for Foscam FI8918W cameras?

Cheers,
John