ZoneMinder 1.25.0 - preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
kingofkya

Re: ZoneMinder 1.25.0 - preview

Post by kingofkya »

I have seen no issues with my 1.25.0 system.
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Video generation fails when using an absolute events path. (Note: this isn't a new problem. It seems old versions of ZM are also affected)
Unable to generate video, check /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs//var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/events/2/11/08/01/01/00/00/ffmpeg.log for details
After changing back to relative path, it works fine.

Below is a proposed patch to fix this:

Code: Select all

--- General.pm.old      2011-07-01 09:48:15.000000000 +0300
+++ General.pm  2011-08-01 18:53:10.661000262 +0300
@@ -199,11 +199,19 @@
     my $event_path = "";
     if ( ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE )
     {
-        $event_path = ZM_PATH_WEB.'/'.ZM_DIR_EVENTS.'/'.$event->{MonitorId}.'/'.strftime( "%y/%m/%d/%H/%M/%S", localtime($event->{Time}) );
+        if ( index(ZM_DIR_EVENTS,'/') == 0 ) {
+            $event_path = ZM_DIR_EVENTS.'/'.$event->{MonitorId}.'/'.strftime( "%y/%m/%d/%H/%M/%S", localtime($event->{Time}) );
+        } else {
+            $event_path = ZM_PATH_WEB.'/'.ZM_DIR_EVENTS.'/'.$event->{MonitorId}.'/'.strftime( "%y/%m/%d/%H/%M/%S", localtime($event->{Time}) );
+        }
     }
     else
     {
-        $event_path = ZM_PATH_WEB.'/'.ZM_DIR_EVENTS.'/'.$event->{MonitorId}.'/'.$event->{Id};
+        if ( index(ZM_DIR_EVENTS,'/') == 0 ) {
+            $event_path = ZM_DIR_EVENTS.'/'.$event->{MonitorId}.'/'.$event->{Id};
+        } else {
+            $event_path = ZM_PATH_WEB.'/'.ZM_DIR_EVENTS.'/'.$event->{MonitorId}.'/'.$event->{Id};
+        }
     }
     return( $event_path );
 }
mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
camroidv27

Post by camroidv27 »

It seems that I am unable to create or modify Zones correctly.
It allows me to open the window, but there are no points for me to alter. The logging system states:

2011-08-01 11:19:09.113507	web_js	5970	ERR	Uncaught TypeError: Object # has no method 'injectInside'	http://boxipaddress/zm/skins/classic/views/js/zone.js	441
SecurityGuy

Post by SecurityGuy »

I've been using the svn version for a while and have liked it very much. I have noticed one small annoying bug that is easily fixed. When "watching" a camera and there is no value for RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA set aka "var appletRefreshTime = ;" all of the var's generated from watch.js.php are "undefined". So you can see the stream, but no other information shows. I'm guessing this, or something similar, would affect other pages too.

There should be some type of safety check, I'm thinking, that will set the value to 0 or some default if null like (untested to see if it would actually "echo" correctly):

var appletRefreshTime = <?=  (empty(ZM_RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA)? 0 : ZM_RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA); >  
or possibly in the database the default value should be defined.
tea4two

Post by tea4two »

Under Ubuntu 11.04 box (OpenSSH and LAMP packages, VMWare appliance), compiled from SVN with libjpeg-turbo.

Works fine.

Issue repoted:

a - Some include missed in zm_user.cpp, like showned in the
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Cambozola

b - zm.conf not found so I need to change the right path in include/config.php file to run zoneminder.

PROS:
c - CPU consumption using libjpeg-turbo is about 1/3 than standard library. :-)

Some questions:
1 - What are the Changes in the 1.25.0 respect the 1.24.4, ChangeLog doesn't report any informations about
2 - I plan to use a production environment starting at end of september. It's better to use the 1.25.0 or 1.24.4 ?
3 - It's the milestone for the 1.25.x release defined ?

Thanks in advance.

- Pierluigi

VeryGood work
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

camroidv27 wrote:It seems that I am unable to create or modify Zones correctly.
It allows me to open the window, but there are no points for me to alter. The logging system states:

2011-08-01 11:19:09.113507	web_js	5970	ERR	Uncaught TypeError: Object # has no method 'injectInside'	http://boxipaddress/zm/skins/classic/views/js/zone.js	441
Can you check you have the latest version of 1.25.0 as I can't see this issue.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

SecurityGuy wrote:I've been using the svn version for a while and have liked it very much. I have noticed one small annoying bug that is easily fixed. When "watching" a camera and there is no value for RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA set aka "var appletRefreshTime = ;" all of the var's generated from watch.js.php are "undefined". So you can see the stream, but no other information shows. I'm guessing this, or something similar, would affect other pages too.

There should be some type of safety check, I'm thinking, that will set the value to 0 or some default if null like (untested to see if it would actually "echo" correctly):

var appletRefreshTime = <?=  (empty(ZM_RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA)? 0 : ZM_RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA); >  
or possibly in the database the default value should be defined.
The default in the DB should be 0 so I'm not sure how you ended up with a blank value. I am going to add some further validation into the Options screen anyway to try and avoid this sort of thing happening by accident.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

tea4two wrote: Some questions:
1 - What are the Changes in the 1.25.0 respect the 1.24.4, ChangeLog doesn't report any informations about
2 - I plan to use a production environment starting at end of september. It's better to use the 1.25.0 or 1.24.4 ?
3 - It's the milestone for the 1.25.x release defined ?
1.25.0 is not officially released yet which is why there is no entry in the ChangeLog. Basically though it is as per the first post in this thread, just a total revamp of the logging, though now also with a few other tweaks. I plan to actually release 1.25.0 ASAP so that should be good for your setup. Immediately after I will make available a preview of 1.25.1 which will have mastertheknife's proposed optimisations and f that goes well, it will be released soon after.
Phil
JuVeNaL

Post by JuVeNaL »

Hello Everyone,

First, thank you for this good app ... but i try to install the zoneminder 1.25.0 préview on a fresh ubuntu server 11 32bit
and i find no documentation ... is it possible to see some screenshots of the new functionality ?

i made some test with the 1.24.2 version and during the system update (ubuntu update manager) the zoneminder wil not annymore work ...
how can i find some logs ?

PS: if there are users that i made some auto-install script ... i'm interesed ;--)
Kind regards
JuVeNaL
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

There are various Ubuntu guides on the Wiki. There is nothing specific to 1.25.0 as it is not released yet but it is not that different than previous versions.
Phil
JuVeNaL

Post by JuVeNaL »

zoneminder wrote:There are various Ubuntu guides on the Wiki. There is nothing specific to 1.25.0 as it is not released yet but it is not that different than previous versions.
Thanks for your fast answer.
If i try to install during the at the end of the 'make' i receive the following error 'zm_local_camera.cpp:774 error: 'PATH_MAX' was not declared in this scope

Can you help me ?

Kind regards
JuVeNaL
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

JuVeNaL wrote: If i try to install during the at the end of the 'make' i receive the following error 'zm_local_camera.cpp:774 error: 'PATH_MAX' was not declared in this scope
Hmm, this is a new one. Can you try editing that file and underneath the other #include lines add

#include <stdlib.h>
Hopefully that will fix it but there may be other files you have to do the same to. Can you let me know if that works?
Phil
JuVeNaL

Post by JuVeNaL »

still the same error

mv -f .deps/zm_ffmpeg_camera.Tpo .deps/zm_ffmpeg_camera.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -march=native -O2 -pipe  -march=native -O2 -pipe -MT zm_image.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zm_image.Tpo -c -o zm_image.o zm_image.cpp
zm_image.cpp: In member function ‘void Image::Blend(const Image&, int) const’:
zm_image.cpp:777: warning: operation on ‘pdest’ may be undefined
mv -f .deps/zm_image.Tpo .deps/zm_image.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -march=native -O2 -pipe  -march=native -O2 -pipe -MT zm_local_camera.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zm_local_camera.Tpo -c -o zm_local_camera.o zm_local_camera.cpp
zm_local_camera.cpp: In static member function ‘static bool LocalCamera::GetCurrentSettings(const char*, char*, int, bool)’:
zm_local_camera.cpp:775: error: ‘PATH_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:780: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:782: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:783: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:800: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:802: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:812: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:937: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:962: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:1087: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [zm_local_camera.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.25.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.25.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Ok, think I had the wrong header file there. Try using limits.h instead.
Phil
JuVeNaL

Post by JuVeNaL »

zoneminder wrote:Ok, think I had the wrong header file there. Try using limits.h instead.
on the ZM_local_camera.cpp i add #include <limits.h> ?
I try it and same error ....

Kind regards
JuVeNaL