ZoneMinder 1.25.0 - preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
pezed

Re: ZoneMinder 1.25.0 - preview

Post by pezed »

Upgraded to 1.25.0 tonight on my home cam server, it seems to be running well and a bit faster than 1.24.4. One problem I've noticed on both 1.24.4 and 1.25 is the previous event button when viewing an event seems to cause something to crash which requires apache/and or zoneminder to be restarted in order to function again. Errors such as below appear in apache error.log (forum won't let me paste it directly due to spam filter): pastebin QSZggMhZ

I have checked the permissions of the sock files in the /tmp/zm directory and they are owned by the apache user (www-data)
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Updated link for new version (rev 3500) with (hopefully) final mods before release. Decided (on a whim) to also include a SFTP option for uploading events so that is also in there. I need to run this version for > 24 hours to check one of the fixes but will then do proper release.
Phil
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

Couple fixes/wants:

Can we please add more references in some of the error messages? It's really hard determining which cam is at fault with errors like this:
Aug 13 13:54:11 titan zmc[4490]: ERR [Unable to read content]
Aug 13 13:54:11 titan zmc[4490]: ERR [Unable to get response]
Aug 13 13:54:11 titan zma[4509]: ERR [Got unexpected memory map file size 6145280, expected 4609280]
Aug 13 13:54:01 titan zmc[3308]: INF [Got signal 15 (Terminated), exiting]
Aug 13 13:54:01 titan zmc[3308]: ERR [Select error: Interrupted system call]

On the main console, can you exclude "archived" events from the hour/day/week/etc? I can't tell you how many times I've accidentily deleted archived events because they're included in the totals.
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

I've also ran into another, bigger problem.

When I try to go into the log viewer, as soon as I click any of the dropdowns at the top, my internet explorer session locks up and if I don't close it quickly, Explorer itself locks up and I end up having to reboot.

I'm using the newest r3501 version and I have not applied any custom patches to it.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

MrEvoMan wrote:Couple fixes/wants:

Can we please add more references in some of the error messages? It's really hard determining which cam is at fault with errors like this:
Aug 13 13:54:11 titan zma[4509]: ERR [Got unexpected memory map file size 6145280, expected 4609280]

On the main console, can you exclude "archived" events from the hour/day/week/etc? I can't tell you how many times I've accidentily deleted archived events because they're included in the totals.
Where are you seeing those log messages and what distro etc are you on? They should normally have a suffix on then identifying the camera, ie instead of zmc it should say zmc_m1.

It is possible to exclude archived events, in fact that was how it was originally if I recall but many people asked for them to be included (otherwise if you look at the last hours events for example you have gaps where archived events are). It's relatively easy to customise what is displayed, just amend the filters at the top of web/skins/classic/views/console.php and add an extra term. This was how the 'last hour' filter used to look for example

Code: Select all

array(
        "title" => $zmSlangHour,
        "filter" => array(
            "terms" => array(
                array( "attr" => "Archived", "op" => "=", "val" => "0" ),
                array( "cnj" => "and", "attr" => "DateTime", "op" => ">=", "val" => "-1 hour" ),
            )
        ),
    ),
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

MrEvoMan wrote:I've also ran into another, bigger problem.

When I try to go into the log viewer, as soon as I click any of the dropdowns at the top, my internet explorer session locks up and if I don't close it quickly, Explorer itself locks up and I end up having to reboot.

I'm using the newest r3501 version and I have not applied any custom patches to it.
Again, a bit more detail would be useful here. What version of IE, what version of Windows etc?

I have it working fine on all the versions of IE I have here, which admittedly are all IE8 and above. If you switch on displaying javascript errors do you see anything there?
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

humbytheory wrote:I just built 1.25.0 and it looks pretty good! Great Job! I have to agree that being able to see the zm log messages there is a nice addition.

I do have one question about that. It appears you are duplicating the messages that are sent to syslog. So what happens when the DB starts getting large? I would imagine that a filter similar to PurgeWhenFull can be used to remove the entries. However, I do not see that option in the Filters drop down, nor do I see a way to create such a filter with the columns you are able to select from the Event Filter page.

I understand that the Filters are there for Events ... but purging old syslog messages from the zm database would be nice. Unless this is being left as homework for the user? ... i.e.

Deleting anything older than 15 mins..

DELETE LOW_PRIORITY FROM Logs WHERE  UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) - TimeKey >= 900;
Sorry, missed this post originally. Yes, the log entries are pruned by zmaudit.pl using the value given in Options->Logging->LOG_DATABASE_LIMIT. This can either be a time value or an absolute number. See the option help for more details. You make a good about using a 'low priority' delete, and I will add that in I think.
Phil
racelife

Post by racelife »

Maybe I missed it but is the libjpeg-turbo and other performance enhancements included in the new 1.25.x ?
MJN

Post by MJN »

Hi Phil,
zoneminder wrote:Ok, think I had the wrong header file there. Try using limits.h instead.
I can confirm I too (on Debian Squeeze) had to do this; namely add #include <limits.h> to zm_local_camera.cpp to avoid the following during make:

zm_local_camera.cpp:774: error: ‘PATH_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
zm_local_camera.cpp:779: error: ‘queryDevice’ was not declared in this scope
[...]
I also had to apply benwilber's patch to index.php to avoid the infinite loop during login when using remote authentication.

Cheers,

Mathew
stema

Post by stema »

I installed 1.25 on Debian 6.0 from this link
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Cambozola
Everything has worked except when I try to reach the Zoneminder interface, Apache log shows
[Sun August 28 14:33:23 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.100] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect () in / var / www / zm / includes / database.php on line 32
Does anyone know a solution for it?

/Stema
MJN

Post by MJN »

Hi Stema,

Have you definitely got the PHP MySQL module installed (aptitude install php5-mysql) and restarted Apache for it to take effect (/etc/init.d/apache2 restart)?

Regards,

Mathew
stema

Post by stema »

Thanks Mathew!
It was the php5-mysql missing, now it works :-)

/Stema
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

guys,

post dropped.

it's an user-error from me. didn't updated the perl cpan at the right way.. (it couldn't find an host for updating) so that caused an error in the ./configure and make commands.

It's running fine now!

P.S. who can update apt-get repository's there is only an 1.24.2 version at the ubuntu main repository....
Last edited by nightcrawler on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

zoneminder wrote:
MrEvoMan wrote:Couple fixes/wants:

Where are you seeing those log messages and what distro etc are you on? They should normally have a suffix on then identifying the camera, ie instead of zmc it should say zmc_m1.
Sorry for the missing detail. I'm seeing these in the syslog... seems it's not all of the items, just a couple specifics, like the ones I posted above, that are missing the _m* camera ID.
zoneminder wrote: It is possible to exclude archived events, in fact that was how it was originally if I recall but many people asked for them to be included (otherwise if you look at the last hours events for example you have gaps where archived events are). It's relatively easy to customise what is displayed, just amend the filters at the top of web/skins/classic/views/console.php and add an extra term. This was how the 'last hour' filter used to look for example

array(
        "title" => $zmSlangHour,
        "filter" => array(
            "terms" => array(
                array( "attr" => "Archived", "op" => "=", "val" => "0" ),
                array( "cnj" => "and", "attr" => "DateTime", "op" => ">=", "val" => "-1 hour" ),
            )
        ),
    ),
Awesome! That worked! Should you just make this a config option in the future so people can choose?

Thanks!
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

zoneminder wrote:
MrEvoMan wrote:I've also ran into another, bigger problem.

Again, a bit more detail would be useful here. What version of IE, what version of Windows etc?

I have it working fine on all the versions of IE I have here, which admittedly are all IE8 and above. If you switch on displaying javascript errors do you see anything there?
Windows 7 x64 using IE9 in Private mode. (Helps keep the cache clear)

I don't see any javascript errors or anything, just locks up the system.