ZoneMinder 1.25.0 - preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
chippy99

Re: ZoneMinder 1.25.0 - preview

Post by chippy99 »

Hi, I have installed version 1.25.0-3492 onto a Ubuntu 11.04 server and all seems ok apart from I am getting a lot of error messages in the logs and I cannot view all of my cameras when using streaming, but jpg works ok.
The errors in the log read "socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-536032s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory" and the messages are created by zm/includes/functions.php on line 2322.
Have looked at this but can't see what the problem is any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards, John
tea4two

Post by tea4two »

I've got an issue when play events.
When I click on the event a new page appear and event play correctly at Actua size.
If I increase the image size all works fine, but if I use an image size less the 1:1 the frame with the video disappear and I can see only text and the play bar.

Can you confirm this issue ?

- Pierluigi
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yes, this is a proper issue, though not major I would say. Browsers (FireFox) at least used to not mind streams changing dimensions in mid-flow but now barf. That functionality is quite complicated to do optimally so I think I need to rewrite that area altogether.
Phil
mlass

Post by mlass »

I did a clean install on Ubuntu 11.04 Server. I am unable to add a Camera because I do not have a drop down menu for Function and missing next 6 boxes all together. I receive an error for reference image blend when I try to save it since I am unable to set one.

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/images/7 ... 211A_5.png

is what it look like before, but now only have the first 3 boxes.

Any ideas?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think some people have had conflicts between a version of Mootols installed by Ubuntu and the one in ZM. I don't recall the details exactly but it will be in recent threads, possibly even this one?

It's also worth checking the apache error log to see if there is some other reason it might be bombing out have way through drawing the page.
Phil
mlass

Post by mlass »

2011-08-10 11:18:17.423406 web_php 898 FAT SQL-ERR 'Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_2f3_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)', statement was 'describe Monitors Function' includes/database.php 78

Is the ZM Error Log. I guess i need to check into this when I get back to the house.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think you may find that error code 13 is lack of disk space?
Phil
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi Phil,

While at it, I often see this error in my log:
2011-08-10 05:50:42.444603 web_php 1900 ERR Insufficient permissions to create new log entry /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/includes/functions.php

What is it and how can i fix it?

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
mlass

Post by mlass »

Error 13 was totally my fault. I made the mistake and chmod 755 the tmp directory. I was having issues in the past with the installation when I got to the script to change stuff. It was never able to move something to the tmp folder. So, I would just delete the mv section from the script (assuming was a backup copy). Yesterday, I was playing with the tmp folder during the installtion to see if it had anything do with permission. I still have a lot to learn about Linux, but Zoneminder has made it a lot of fun.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

mastertheknife wrote:While at it, I often see this error in my log:
2011-08-10 05:50:42.444603 web_php 1900 ERR Insufficient permissions to create new log entry /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/includes/functions.php

Possibly that is a bug. It occurs when the user does not have System edit permissions and a javascript error has occurred. I think probably all users should be able to create log entries though there needs to be a mechanism to prevent a flood of them as a DOS method. Are you logged in as a non-admin user?
Phil
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

zoneminder wrote:
mastertheknife wrote:While at it, I often see this error in my log:

Possibly that is a bug. It occurs when the user does not have System edit permissions and a javascript error has occurred. I think probably all users should be able to create log entries though there needs to be a mechanism to prevent a flood of them as a DOS method. Are you logged in as a non-admin user?
Yes, i'm using a non-admin user. I simply gave it "View" permission for System, so i could view the log. I only use the admin user when i need to change something. Just like the root user of linux systems.

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

When trying to configure the tarball you posted, using ffmpeg from the latest git, (31809)

I get during configure:

checking for avcodec_init in -lavcodec... no
configure: WARNING: libavcodec.a is required for MPEG streaming
checking for av_new_stream in -lavformat... no
configure: WARNING: libavformat.a is required for MPEG streaming
checking for avdevice_register_all in -lavdevice... no
configure: WARNING: libavdevice.a may be required for MPEG streaming

I've installed libavcodec.a and others in both /usr/lib/ and /usr/local/lib tried different --prefix=/usr and --exec-prefix=/usr nothing works.

I can find avcodec_init in /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:void avcodec_init(void);

So I know the function is in the header file.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

MrEvoMan wrote: checking for avcodec_init in -lavcodec... no
configure: WARNING: libavcodec.a is required for MPEG streaming
checking for av_new_stream in -lavformat... no
configure: WARNING: libavformat.a is required for MPEG streaming
checking for avdevice_register_all in -lavdevice... no
configure: WARNING: libavdevice.a may be required for MPEG streaming

I've installed libavcodec.a and others in both /usr/lib/ and /usr/local/lib tried different --prefix=/usr and --exec-prefix=/usr nothing works.

I can find avcodec_init in /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:void avcodec_init(void);

So I know the function is in the header file.
If they are in /usr or /usr/local then you should not need to use the --prefix argument for configure. If you look in config.log and find the relevant sections (where it is testing for libavcodec) there will probably be a bit more information that will help diagnose this. Usually it is some other missing symbol (when ffmpeg includes new libraries etc) or other new dependency. Ffmpeg changes so often that sometimes it's better to start with one of the release snapshots which they have started doing again.
Phil
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

Well, I got it sorted out and it's fully up and running.

It does seem a tad more "sensitive" to cameras not giving the data they should all the time, but for the most part it's great.

I installed this on a new server w/ all the newest libraries (on Ubuntu 10.04.3 so I keep the LTS). Libjpeg-turbo, lastest "release" of ffmpeg, the performance patch from mastertheknife, etc.

The server it's on is a Dell 1850 w/ Dual Xenon Dual-Core 3.6ghz (4 total cores).

Load sits about 0.06 to 0.08. :D

Still trying to get the 32bit color working from the performance patch.

And also, hoping someone has an answer about that error logging missing data that I hope would make it into this release.
humbytheory

Post by humbytheory »

I just built 1.25.0 and it looks pretty good! Great Job! I have to agree that being able to see the zm log messages there is a nice addition.

I do have one question about that. It appears you are duplicating the messages that are sent to syslog. So what happens when the DB starts getting large? I would imagine that a filter similar to PurgeWhenFull can be used to remove the entries. However, I do not see that option in the Filters drop down, nor do I see a way to create such a filter with the columns you are able to select from the Event Filter page.

I understand that the Filters are there for Events ... but purging old syslog messages from the zm database would be nice. Unless this is being left as homework for the user? ... i.e.

Deleting anything older than 15 mins..

Code: Select all

DELETE LOW_PRIORITY FROM Logs WHERE  UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) - TimeKey >= 900;