Adding Zones, Source Color Changes

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
aelingil

Adding Zones, Source Color Changes

Post by aelingil »

I have an issue that is happening when ever i add/change zones for the running monitors. I have screen shots so I'll explain with the names of which one I'm using.

If i edit the Zone for "Back_Door" monitor and add an inactive zone to the far right side (against the wall.. nothing is ever there) after I've added the new zone, saved it (i did change the zone name afterward, did it after the screen cap there are 2 zones at this point) and go back to the main screen, under Source it has changed from Green to Orange, sometimes it goes red. Once i delete all the zones and add a "FULL (100%) ZONE" i go back to the main screen and source is green again.

I've worked through all of the other settings, i now have all 3 cameras that record movements and trash any of the "continuous" videos where nothing happens. Next step was to block out random things that do not need to trip the recordings (cars driving by or person walking below the camera and it only catches the top of their head).

I'm at the moment only testing on the Back_Door monitor, once i can get everything up and running on this one, i'll jump to the other two and make the correct zones for that. Is there anything i can do to fix the change to orange? Does it really matter that it has changed from Green to Orange after making the change to the Zone?

If you need anything else please let me know. I tried to pull as much info together before hand.

Extra info:
ZoneMinder Version: V1.24.4
-- Updated the memory to 268435456 (Min/Max)
Distro: Kubuntu (KDE) 4.7.4
Kernel: 3.0.0-12-generic
Cameras(x3): Panasonic Network Camera: BL-C101A
-- Source:Remote
-- Function: MoDect
-- Image Buffer: 40
-- Warmup Frame: 25
-- Pre-Event: 30
-- Post-Event: 60
-- Alarm Frame: 1

Looked at the following links to try and figure it out before hand, i may have missed something..
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... planations
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... ning_Zones
Attachments
Edited Main Page after adding the 2nd Zone
Edited Main Page after adding the 2nd Zone
Source_Orange.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
Adding the 2nd Zone.. renamed it to inactive after screen-cap,
Adding the 2nd Zone.. renamed it to inactive after screen-cap,
Source_Green.jpg (13.91 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
Added the Inactive Zone, Plus original Unedited Zone to the left
Added the Inactive Zone, Plus original Unedited Zone to the left
InactiveZone.jpg (122.5 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.
aelingil

Re: Adding Zones, Source Color Changes

Post by aelingil »

Updating.

I figured out what the issue was and why it kept popping up orange after adding the 2nd Zone.

The Camera size is 320x240. If your X/Y go beyond the "Size" of your camera, you start to get errors in the log.. Move it off by 1 pixel and it should be fine. I changed mine to 239 instead of 240, and 319 instead of 320.. Everything went back to green and the zones work correctly now. I've added multiple zones and no more issues.

I hope this helps anyone else that may run into this issue.
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.