[SOLVED] BT878 card showing same camera on all channels

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
ctimbrell

[SOLVED] BT878 card showing same camera on all channels

Post by ctimbrell »

I have purchased a new bt878a card for an existing zm system. it works fine with an old GV250 card but with the new one i get the same image on all inputs, ie i plug in camera on port 0 and in zm i get the same image on all other channels as though it was a single input card. i had a similar problem to this when i first set zm up and it was down to the card number being incorrect. However, i am not sure a) if this is the same issue and b) how to find out the card number if it is.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... st12046193
the link shows someone who had the same problem and his card pictured is identical to mine. I am more than happy to post any further info to get this resolved.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by ctimbrell on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctimbrell

Re: BT878 card showing same camera on all channels

Post by ctimbrell »

SOLVED
altered conf file to below:

options bttv gbuffers=16 card=131 tuner=4 radio=0 triton1=0 vsfx=0
alias char-major-81 bttv

Card type was 150 but 131 is the correct one for the card in question. Hope this helps others
synapse22

Re: [SOLVED] BT878 card showing same camera on all channels

Post by synapse22 »

I know this post is dated but I just wanted to let you know that I also have this Conexant Fusion Bt878a card and am experiencing the exact same problem you described with the camera showing up on all other channels. I am running Ubuntu Desktop 11.10 and have been trying different card configurations in my /etc/modprobe.d/bttv with no luck and constant problems. I will try the parameters you have provided and come back here to post a confirmation for others if this solves my problem. Additionally, I am using two LOFTEK 1/3" HDIS CCD 600TVL Bullet CCTV outdoor security cameras which seem to be working fairly decent for what I paid for them. I really wont know for sure until I straighten my card issues out.
ctimbrell

Re: [SOLVED] BT878 card showing same camera on all channels

Post by ctimbrell »

Did you find a solution? I had two cards that looked very similar but needed different card numbers