zone definitions and record path

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
army75

zone definitions and record path

Post by army75 »

Hi guys,
I'm really new on this forum and a new user of zoneminder.
I'm having problems defining zones, following the wiki i click on '1' in the column zone, click on the red image... it opens a new window with the 'zone proprieties'. Here I can't add any point on the image, I see only one green point on the top left corner of the image. What can I do to add / move points?

One more question, zm is installed on a low disk space PC, i would to record mpg videos not locally but on a remote FTP server, which path i should modify inside options?

Thanks in advance

Armando
Attachments
zone def
zone def
zm1.JPG (79.75 KiB) Viewed 3821 times
PacoLM

Re: zone definitions and record path

Post by PacoLM »

Search the forum for zone settings and cambozola, it's a known problem with lots of threads.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

yeah install cambozola 0.91 (java cliënt) and use IE for browsing this site. in an normal situation you see the green dots coordinates near the word PUNTO (point) and you can add/remove points there.

your second question for low HDD space. you can copy or move events from the EVENT dir (like /var/www/zm/events depend where you installed your application) with an linux script or you can alter the storage location please search the wiki before posting questions :wink: : http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... Hard_Drive
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.
army75

Post by army75 »

Thanks for your fast answer,
i give you an update on the situation.
I've installed cambozola "cambozola.jar" in the default path of ubuntu "/usr/share/zoneminder" and to be sure in "/var/www/" too.
restarted apache2, restarted zoneminder. The problem is still the same i described (with IE too).
For the second suggestion, if the dir /var/www/zm/events contains all the events i think to make an 'ln -s' to another path (i see the path set in "options", could be changed from there?)
Thanks very much for your interest

Armando
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

see the note on the wiki page.
Note: It was recommended to use ln -s /newdrive/events /usr/share/zoneminder/events to link the new partition in. However, at least with the debian and ubuntu packages, upgrading zoneminder later will delete these symlinks and create new dirs. This will result in all your existing events being removed from the database.
It has been suggested this is used instead to mount the new drives;
So it's recommend to use the bind option en not the symlink ln -s option. (but LN -s still works..for now..)..
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.
army75

Post by army75 »

Solved the sace in events dir.
Searched in the forum other thread with the problem about zone def, but at the moment i don't solved. Cambozola starts without problems but i still see one only green point in the zone settings. I hope you have some more suggestion about ..
Thanks Armando
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Copied from a topic in my text file of installation:

Code: Select all

To fix the zones buttons or problem with the configuration of a monitor (buttons not working):
  * check that 'mootools' is installed in '/usr/share/javascript/mootools' :
  - it's necessary to modify the file '/usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/includes/functions.php' in order to help 'zoneminder' to find the location of 'mootools'.
  * 'mootools.js' and 'mootools-more.js' are links pointing respectively to 'mootools-core.min.js' and 'mootools-more.min.js'.
  * these 2 pieces of code don't give me any working results. I replace it by 'mootools-core-nc.js' and 'mootools-more-nc.js'.

And then, creation of motion detect zones is now working for me when I modify the file '/usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/includes/functions.php' in this way :
  <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/mootools/mootools-core-nc.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="../javascript/mootools/mootools-more-nc.js"></script>
Hope it helps,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...