16 Camera montage view does not work

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
theforce

16 Camera montage view does not work

Post by theforce »

I'm starting a new topic since this is more relevant than my previous topic about PTZ not working.

Anyway if I have 16 cameras in montage view the 16th camera will not show up. Also the video is very slow on all cameras. This happens on Ubuntu 64bit with Firefox browser. Dont know about 32bit.

It does not work with Firefox on windows.

It does work fine with Chrome on my Ubuntu system as well as IE on windows.

Anyone know whats going on with Firefox and how to get it working correctly?
nightcrawler

Re: 16 Camera montage view does not work

Post by nightcrawler »

It's probably something with the cache of firefox. I noticed an speedup when I use this firefox bar:
it changes some cache settings for the ZM site..and now it a lot faster

http://dvr-security.net/zoneminder-clie ... ion-0-1-0/
.............While in the ZoneMinder Client Prefwindow, you will see a tab labeled “ZM Mode.” ZM Mode is a special feature that automatically changes some important Firefox settings for you. For your Firefox browser to interact properly with your ZoneMinder Server, the ZoneMinder Wiki recommends that you visit about:config in your Firefox browser and manually edit some settings. Some of the recommended settings are for Firefox’s cache and network connections. It recommends to disable the cache and increase max network connections. This may work well for when you are viewing your cameras on your ZoneMinder Server, but may impede your regular web surfing. If you set ZM Mode to “auto,” ZoneMinder Client will determine when to automatically change Firefox’s settings for you. For example, when you are visiting your ZoneMinder Server in your Firefox browser, ZoneMinder Client will automatically disable Firefox’s cache. After you close the last tab containing the url to your ZoneMinder Server, ZoneMinder Client will automatically enable Firefox’s cache.........
and ofcourse it's also in the ZM wiki: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... FireFox.3F
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.
theforce

Re: 16 Camera montage view does not work

Post by theforce »

Thanks! Those setting changes worked great! I can now view all 16 camera and control my PTZ cameras at the same time.