Montage issues.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Kogashuko

Montage issues.

Post by Kogashuko »

So I am slowly but surely learning zoneminder. I got MJPEG to finally work and be able to use mobile view from android at the same time. Before I couldnt see anything with my android browser because it couldnt view MJPEG. I got that sorted out.

I want to be able to use montage mode but when I try to use any of my PCs with any web browser it only lets me see a vertical view of the cameras. There are too many to fit on one page. When I attept to select numbers of cameras wide per row nothing happens. I can change camera size but the pull down menu for 2 wide or 3 wide etc DOES NOTHING. This is a pain and has happened each time I have done a build.

Is there a way to fix this or a way to alter the HTML page that this thing loads when you click montage view? Thanks.
lukenova

Re: Montage issues.

Post by lukenova »

i am having this same problem. I finally was able to get my cameras to work with ZM, but the montage view is what I really want. I have 4 cameras and I want to view them in a 2x2 style grid. Changing the layout with the dropdown menu on the montage page does nothing for me.

Anybody found a fix for this?
lukenova

Post by lukenova »

I tried some different browsers. Chrome would show the montage view in grid format but only showed white boxes for the camera feeds. Firefox shows the camera feeds fine but wont do the grid view.
minideezel

Post by minideezel »

I am having the exact same issue on Firefox, haven't tried other browsers.

Was there ever a posted fix to this?
humbytheory

Post by humbytheory »

Are you folks using cambozola ?

Options -> Images -> OPT_CAMBOZOLA
Options -> Images -> PATH_CAMBOZOLA
minideezel

Post by minideezel »

That option is not checked in my setup, should I try it?
humbytheory

Post by humbytheory »

Sure just make sure that you have it installed. There should be something in the box for PATH_CAMBOZOLA. Click on the question mark for instructions on where to download it and how to install (http://www.charliemouse.com:8080/code/c ... est.tar.gz)

In short you just need to have the jar file you download (cambozola.jar) in the same directory as ZoneMinder i.e:

/var/www/zm/cambozola.jar
or
/srv/http/cambozola.jar
or where ever you installed ZoneMinder to..

Then just add "cambozola.jar" to the PATH_CAMBOZOLA box and add a check mark to OPT_CAMBOZOLA.
dkellygb

Post by dkellygb »

I had a lot of difficulties with montage view. The only thing I can say is that I was not able to get it working under anything but Firefox version 8.01 or 9.01. It did not work under Chrome or IE.