mysql fails zm_database_init

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
John Bowling

mysql fails zm_database_init

Post by John Bowling »

Totally new install of openSUSE 11.4 and zoneminder 1.24
Second iteration of install to formatted partitions of both of above.
When running zm_database_init, it requests the root password ONCE, then writes the files into /root/...
Then it fails to log into mysql. Yes, it is running.
I can manually log into it with:
mysql -u root =p
mypassword
and then look at databases and tables.

The zoneminder data base is NOT present, and the password written to /root/.my.cnf matches what I entered above to log into mysql.

This was fresh install of openSUSE 11.4, then all updates as of today, setup HTTP with Yast, then zoneminder from the repos in the wiki:
http://www.liquid-co.de/pub/suse/repositories/11.4/ and
http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... SUSE_11.4/

then
$ rcmysql start

At this point in my first process through, I did
$ mysqladmin -u root password 'mypassword'

When zm_database_init failed as above, I redid the complete install, only this time did not setup the password using mysqladmin, and went to zm_database_init. Same failure.

Both times I could log into mysql with the password that was save in .my.cnf, and both times zm_database_init failed.

I had done this same procedure a couple of weeks ago, same hardware, same versions, etc. and it worked. I then got hit by the login failure loop when I enabled access control.
monex

Re: mysql fails zm_database_init

Post by monex »

Hi

maybe you want to run mysl_secure_installation to set all root passwords. MySQL Access is dependent from the given hostname so you can have different password for example 'root'@'localhost' and 'root'@'127.0.0.1'.

Hope this helps
monex

Post by monex »

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce your issue here but all worked as expected.

edit:
try if you have access when you typing as root:

Code: Select all

mysql
this should read the settings from the ~root/.my.cnf

If this didn't help I would suggest to delete /root/.my.cnf and try it again. If this does not help maybe you want to recreate mysql systables by running (warning this removes all users):

Code: Select all

rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/mysql/
mysql_install_db
chown -R mysql.mysql /var/lib/mysql/
Hope this helps
John Bowling

Post by John Bowling »

I did another fresh install this morning, and got around that problem. It probably was my typing.

I have the problem with perl and PHP serialization problem. I have both of the openSUSE 11.4 repos present, and even specifically made sure I install perl-PHP-Serialization, and still get the errors on 'rczm start'

I then went to the one-click install - same problem.

Is the 1.25 RPM available anywhere?

Thanks

John
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

ZM 1.24.4 and newer doesn't make use of Perl-PHP-Serialization so there is no need for it. And yes, check the User Contributions forum for monex's 1.25.0 packages.

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
John Bowling

Post by John Bowling »

Problem resolved with a full new install formatting all relevant partitions, with the only exception being /home.
The zm 1.25 installed by the RPM, and proper set up of mysql.

Currently I have some physical connections to correct when there is access available to the locations.

On Montage, the only place the camera name appears is under where the image is, so all you see is:
+------------------------+
| |
| |
| |
| |
+------------------------+
State: idle xx.xx fps.

Changing image size and/or layout has no effect.

When they are connected properly and video is seen, the name does appear with the date & time stamp.
If black, it is not visible, which can be more difficulty with troubleshooting - finding out which camera has a black image.

I normally use Firefox 6.0.2 on a separate computer. Using Crome has a couple of problem, mostly with saying the source is unresponsive, and it is slow to display images. That did indicate something about camboza but it was not there long enough to read it.

Thanks
John
monex

Post by monex »

mastertheknife wrote:ZM 1.24.4 and newer doesn't make use of Perl-PHP-Serialization so there is no need for it. And yes, check the User Contributions forum for monex's 1.25.0 packages.

mastertheknife
Hi this is correct, but to have sftp support I still would recommend to add the perl repository. The needed perl packages are recommended by the package, so that they get installed if they are available.

Normally Cambozola is needed when the browser has no motion jpeg support. I don't know if Chrome has motion jpeg support but I thought it would :)