ZoneMinder and Bluecherry MPEG cards (BC-XX / SoftLogic)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
allangood

ZoneMinder and Bluecherry MPEG cards (BC-XX / SoftLogic)

Post by allangood »

Hello,

I bought a "Bluecherry BC-08240A-OEM - 16 port video, 16 port audio realtime hardware compression card" (similar to: url-removed Bluecherry-BC%252d08240A%252dOEM-%252d-8-port-video%2C-8-port-audio-realtime-hardware-compression-card.html) but I can't put it to work with Zoneminder. This is driving me crazy... Any help will be much appreciated!

The video card is working very well with the "solo6x10" driver (instrunctions from here: url-removed 235174-using-the-bluecherry-hardware-compression-open-source-linux-drivers-mpeg-4-h-264). I can view video with mplayer and with bluecherry DVR, so everything is working, except zoneminder... I read a lot about MPEG2, MPEG4 compression (and understood the differences from bluecherrydvr and zoneminder about this), but I can't convert the video from bluecherry card to work with zoneminder. What I had tried:

1) Write jpegs from /dev/videoX to a temp dir. (Mplayer doesn't write a single file, but a lot of then...) - Result: Failed

Code: Select all

$ mplayer -tv device=/dev/video1:width=704:height=480:outfmt=mjpeg:fps=25:decimation=1 tv:// -vo jpeg
2) Tried to run an streaming server from /dev/video0 and put zoneminder to grab video from it - Result: Failed
(VLC can't open the driver properly)

$  vlc -vvv v4l:///dev/video0:norm=ntsc --sout '#rtp{dst=0.0.0.0,port=1234,sdp=rtsp://0.0.0.0:8080/test.sdp}
> main input error: open of `v4l:///dev/video0:norm=ntsc' failed: (null)
> main input error: Your input can't be opened

3) And for the least (before this post) play with vloopback driver.
[vloopback_init] : video4linux loopback driver v1.3
[vloopback_init] : Loopback 0 registered, input: video17, output: video18

$ mencoder -tv driver=v4l2:width=704:height=480:device=/dev/video0:input=0:fps=30:channel=0:noaudio -ovc raw tv:// -o /dev/video17
But when I try to open "/dev/video18" I got a "invalid argument"...

In this post (http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... rry#p63830 - on 09/25/2004), Mr. Curtis Hall says that it was working on a patch to put this card to work with zoneminder, any update from this?

Anyway, if someone knows how I put this card to work with zoneminder... any help will be (very) much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!