Montage - two cameras with different image sizes

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
rlefeve

Montage - two cameras with different image sizes

Post by rlefeve »

I just upgraded after a few years and I remember there was an place in options that I could adjust my camera images to be the same size in the montage window.

I have two cameras one that does 640x480 and one that does 352x240.
The adjustment would allow me to view them both at 352x240 in montage.

Fedora 12
Zoneminder 1.24.2
kingofkya

Re: Montage - two cameras with different image sizes

Post by kingofkya »

In the camera setting itself theres a default scale option. Don't have zm handy right now so i can not give exact steps, but it should be easy to find.
dbosso

Post by dbosso »

Just found this thread and I'm having the same problem. I've got a bunch of 640x480 cams and one new 1280x1024.

The default scale doesn't seem to affect the montage view. Is there any current solution to this? If not, what do people think the solution should look like?

Thanks.

-David
orionstoy

Post by orionstoy »

the only way i know is to go to the camera source in zm (where you change the device settings) and change the source tab's capture width and height to the same as the other cameras... but if you want to keep the camera capturing at the original large size while having the montage show the smaller size you can go to the Misc tab and change the Default Scale to 1/4 .. that might be close to the other camera's sizes.

Those are the only two places that I know of .. hope this helps

EDIT: i just tried my theory and Default Scale seems to reduce all my cams to the scale i set it .. so this probably wont be an option .. you will probably have to change the capture height and width to capture at the size of the other cameras unless someone else knows of a way to make the Default Scale work for individual cameras
kkrofft

Post by kkrofft »

Using 1.27, default scale seems to work on a per camera basis but does not effect Montage.
Also, when I select a monitor to view the page that displays is scaled to handle the full size image even though the displayed view is scaled down.