noise on footage

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
HectorG

noise on footage

Post by HectorG »

I am getting red blue and green noise on my video on zoneminder and xawtv. I dont think its a zm issue, in fact I think it has something to do with the capture card and its bttv settings in modprobe. Below you will find the bttv.conf I am not sure if I should modify anything

Code: Select all

# Uncomment following lines for c8800
#The 8 inputs are from /dev/video0 channel 0 to /dev/video7 channel 0.
#Its recommended to install heatsinks on the BT878 chips of this card because the chips generate a lot of heat. Without heatsinks and front case fan cooling the heatsinks, this card might not last long.

#options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
#alias char-major-81-0 bttv
#alias char-major-89 i2c-devb
options bttv gbuffers=32 card=23,23,23,23,23,23,23,23 tuner=4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4 radio=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 coring=1 full_luma_range=1 chroma_agc=1 combfilter=1 autoload=0 triton1=0 vsfx=0
# p11=1 adc_crush=0
See below for image of what I am tryint o explain
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (91.89 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
Flash_

Re: noise on footage

Post by Flash_ »

What's the picture like at daytime?

It's not unknown for cameras to pixellate like this in times of darkness. I don't know whether it's camera or card, since I only use ip cameras, but certainly have a few of those which do exactly this.
HectorG

Re: noise on footage

Post by HectorG »

Daytime image is good but still has some pixelation if you zoom in. since its color its a little harder to perceive. At night it looks like this image above. you can barely tell whats in the image. I dont think its the camera. It seems like an issue with the card. I have used the camera elsewhere without any issues.