Problems with filters

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
wkulecz

Problems with filters

Post by wkulecz »

I'm having some problem with filters. I have a simple filter setup to send Email on alarm frames > 20 and stop after 1 match.

I've set the filter to run in the background and set the background time to be 90 seconds under options. This works well except that my zones overlap and I'd only like one Email from the zone with the most motion from the multiple events.

What happens is I get the avi with the most alarm frames which is what I want, but then its followed by the next most, and the third most, etc. every 1.5 minutes :(

I tried adding and and date/time < 3 minutes ago and then Email never gets sent. Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? I've also made the filter reload time be 90 seconds for now (defaulted to 600).

I also have a background filter that deletes events older than 24 hours that is working perfectly.

Is there some way to filter on the name of the saved run state that has started Mdetect on the zones so I could filter based on sets of active zones defined by the run states I've saved?

Maybe I shouldn't put two questions in one message, but should I increase or decrease the "blend" percentage to reduce sensitivity to ambient light changes? I"m getting too many false alarms as clouds roll by. Obviously this is not something I can recreate on demand to test, so I'd like at least start off in the correct direction :)
Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerance of others doing things you disapprove.