Release 1.24.3 preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: Release 1.24.3 preview

Post by zoneminder »

rambler wrote:
aajpotter wrote: The latest SVN and 1.24.3 produce the following error in the browser:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/zoneminder/htdocs/includes/functions.php on line 2319
I'm having the same problem with the 1.24.3 download - haven't tried SVN.
Can you confirm what page you are getting this and also do a ls -l and an md5sum on functions.php?
Phil
LuizCB

Post by LuizCB »

Sorry Phil, only now i got time to get to this due to some /home/dependencies...

but... with the system completely updated/upgraded iḿ getting a weird situation.

Code: Select all

root@srvr:/usr/local/src# cd zm
root@srvr:/usr/local/src/zm# touch ZM_REV_3304
root@srvr:/usr/local/src/zm# ./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webgroup=www-data --with-webuser=www-data --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg --enable-mmap=yes CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS"

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
... (all WARNINGS for options... then...)
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/usr/local/src/zm':
configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

root@srvr:/usr/local/src/zm# apt-get install g++
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
g++ is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

root@srvr:/usr/local/src/zm# uname -a
Linux srvr.kcasa.lan 2.6.38-4-generic-pae #31-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 17 01:24:59 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

(/proc/version)
Linux version 2.6.38-4-generic-pae (buildd@vernadsky) (gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-2ubuntu3) ) #31-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 17 01:24:59 UTC 2011

config.log

i'll get back to you as soon as i resolve this matter.

Luiz
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

LuizCB:

I just pulled ZM from SVN, revision 3304 and attempted compiling it on my zoneminder box (Gentoo x86):
I did this by:
1) grabbing rev 3304
2) autoconf
3) automake
4) ./configure --prefix=/usr --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-libarch=lib --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg --with-webdir=/var/www/zoneminder/htdocs --with-cgidir=/var/www/zoneminder/cgi-bin --with-webuser=apache --with-webgroup=apache --enable-debug=no --enable-crashtrace=no CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS"
5) make

Successfully compiled.

Here is my config.log:
http://pastebin.com/FAqCatna

EDIT: LuizCB your problem is here:

cc1plus: error: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/include: Not a directory
It seems the --with-ffmpeg parameter needs to be a prefix. On my system ffmpeg is in /usr/bin/ffmpeg and the includes in /usr/include, so it should be --with-ffmpeg=/usr and for your system, --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local

mastertheknife
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

zoneminder wrote:
rambler wrote:
aajpotter wrote: The latest SVN and 1.24.3 produce the following error in the browser:
I'm having the same problem with the 1.24.3 download - haven't tried SVN.
Can you confirm what page you are getting this and also do a ls -l and an md5sum on functions.php?
Im unable to reproduce this. Backed up my functions.php and replaced it with one from SVN rev 3304 (latest) and everything works including streaming.
Do you have php short tags disabled in your php.ini? (running fedora?)

mastertheknife.
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

I have made 2 commits to SVN that resolves some security issues with the eyeZm/XML Plugin, as well as changing the official name of the plugin to eyeZm. Under the options tab, you will see eyeZm now instead of XML. All of the database variables are changed accordingly also.

The only caveat here is the plugin will (and must) still reside in skins/xml for some time. Please run a zmupdate.pl -f after updating from trunk (if you use eyeZm).

Thanks.
eyeZm, Native iPhone App for ZoneMinder: http://www.eyezm.com

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

Subscribe to RSS feed for updates: http://www.eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml
LuizCB

Ubuntu Natty

Post by LuizCB »

• zm rev 3304
    Linux version 2.6.38-4-generic-pae (buildd@vernadsky) (gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-2ubuntu3) ) #31-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 17 01:24:59 UTC 2011
@Phil
zoneminder wrote:...
Can you post the output of when you run 'make install'?
Realtime CLI log [EDITED - at beginning, ./configure shows as being messed up, probably in copy/past. Real ./configure syntax used is as config.log, i.e.

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webgroup=www-data --with-webuser=www-data --with-libarch=lib --with-mysql=/usr/include --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local --enable-mmap=yes CPPFLAGS=-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS --enable-debug=yes --enable-crashtrace=yes --no-create --no-recursion
zm config.log
[EDITED/APPENDED]
make install log
make uninstall log
Phil, make note Natty is very volatile at this stage, with packages being constantly updated. For instance, I just did an upgrade and there are packages that may alter some ZM results.
apt-get upgrade wrote:The following packages will be upgraded:
cpp-4.5 dbconfig-common debconf debconf-i18n g++-4.5 gcc-4.5 gcc-4.5-base indicator-application klibc-utils libcups2 libcupsimage2 libgcc1 libgomp1 libkeyutils1 libklibc libstdc++6 libstdc++6-4.5-dev
However, since you are now actively developing and testing next release, I hope what I'm leaving here would help you in some way - that's why I'm doing it, not really/only for my own usage of ZM. So, if not good, tell me to stop it and I'll be a good fellow doing it :)
I'm going to do a clean install again, 'by the book', because I'm not happy with those

FAT [Can't bind: No such file or directory]
FAT [Can't connect: No such file or directory]
ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmdc.pl startup", output is "Starting server"]
@mastertheknife
mastertheknife wrote:...
EDIT: LuizCB your problem is here:

cc1plus: error: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/include: Not a directory
It seems the --with-ffmpeg parameter needs to be a prefix. On my system ffmpeg is in /usr/bin/ffmpeg and the includes in /usr/include, so it should be --with-ffmpeg=/usr and for your system, --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local
mastertheknife
Thank you, mastertheknife for the advise. I noticed that in my log and i didn't realize what were wrong. Besides too tired at the time for researching on it.

Thanks a lot

Luiz
dvarapala

Post by dvarapala »

zoneminder wrote:I am doing a preview release as it has been so long since the last proper release I want to make sure that there are no major issues with it so please only download and install if you are feeling brave.
OK, I'm feeling kinda brave. :)

Any tips for those who might want to upgrade from 1.24.2 to the 1.24.3 preview? Will we be able to use our existing databases as-is? What about the new memory-mapped file stuff, which I read somewhere could slow your system down if not configured correctly; any suggestions (or, better yet, a HOWTO)? Anything else we need to know so we don't eff something up? :D
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

dvarapala wrote: Any tips for those who might want to upgrade from 1.24.2 to the 1.24.3 preview? Will we be able to use our existing databases as-is? What about the new memory-mapped file stuff, which I read somewhere could slow your system down if not configured correctly; any suggestions (or, better yet, a HOWTO)? Anything else we need to know so we don't eff something up? :D
Your database will stay in-tact. Just download the source to a separate directory, configure/make (read the Wiki documentation first), and if and only if that goes OK, you run a make install and then zmupdate.pl -f. This will freshen your database to match 1.24.3, but keeps all of your existing settings.

Read the wiki on backing up your database in any event. Super easy.

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

dvarapala

The Deed is Done

Post by dvarapala »

I upgraded my system tonight using the tarball linked in the first post to this thread. For the most part it went smoothly; however, there were a few unsettling messages spit out by zmupdate.pl during the database update process:
Upgrading database to version 1.24.3
Loading config from DB
No option 'ZM_CAN_STREAM' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
No option 'ZM_STREAM_METHOD' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
No option 'ZM_OPT_NETPBM' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
No option 'ZM_PATH_NETPBM' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
No option 'ZM_WEB_H_USE_STREAMS' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
No option 'ZM_WEB_M_USE_STREAMS' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
No option 'ZM_WEB_L_USE_STREAMS' found, removing at /usr/local/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 89, <STDIN> line 2.
Saving config to DB

Database successfully upgraded from version 1.24.2.
Dunno if these are any cause for concern or not.

Upon firing up the new version for the first time, I noticed immediately that none of the monitor windows were showing a fps value or an event history. Running a query via the event filter showed the events to be intact, so I fiddled around with the settings and finally got the event lists to come back by changing he bandwidth setting from High down to Medium, saving it, and then changing it back to High again. :?

Anyway, so far so good. :D
jdhar

Post by jdhar »

Your messages are fine... it's just getting rid of database configuration variables that don't exist anymore for 1.24.3. Database 'pruning'.

LuizCB

Ubuntu Natty

Post by LuizCB »

Phil,

rev 3306
*config* *autoconf* *automake* *make* *checkinstall* + *config.log* at

http://paste.ubuntu.com/570713/

Regards,

Luiz
TheRiddle

Post by TheRiddle »

bigbrother tmp # /etc/init.d/zoneminder start
 * Starting Zoneminder ...
Can't connect: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.12.2/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 349
        ZoneMinder::Debug::Fatal('Can\'t connect: No such file or directory') called at /usr/local/bin/zmdc.pl line 168
 * Failed to start Zoneminder!                                                                                                                                              [ !! ]
 * ERROR: zoneminder failed to start
SOLVE:
In my case after reboot folder /tmp/zm was removed, so I fix this problem by adding to start script code

#!/sbin/runscript
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# File:    /etc/init.d/zoneminder
# Purpose:  Startup the Zoneminder Server
# By:   Danky
# Date: 8-31-2010
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

ZM_START='/usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl start'
ZM_STOP='/usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl stop'

depend() {
    need net mysql
}
start() {
    ebegin "Starting Zoneminder"

if ! [ -d /tmp/zm ]; then
        mkdir /tmp/zm
        chown -R apache:apache /tmp/zm
    fi
        $ZM_START
        eend $? "Failed to start Zoneminder!"
}
stop() {
    ebegin "Stopping Zoneminder"
    $ZM_STOP
    eend $? "Failed to stop Zoneminder!"
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi Phil,

rev 3302 introduced a bug. On my computer with both V4L1 and V4L2 installed i was only seeing V4L1 formats and palettes when selecting V4L2.

This is probably what you meant to do:

--- a/web/skins/classic/views/monitor.php
+++ b/web/skins/classic/views/monitor.php
@@ -618,7 +618,7 @@ switch ( $tab )
             <tr><td><?= $SLANG['DevicePath'] ?></td><td><input type="text" name="newMonitor[Device]" value="<?= validHtmlStr($newMonitor['Device']) ?>" size="24"/></td></tr>
             <tr><td><?= $SLANG['CaptureMethod'] ?></td><td><?= buildSelect( "newMonitor[Method]", $localMethods, "submitTab( '$tab' )" ); ?></td></tr>
 <?php
-            if ( ZM_HAS_V4L1 || $newMonitor['Method'] == 'v4l1' )
+            if ( ZM_HAS_V4L1 && $newMonitor['Method'] == 'v4l1' )
             {
 ?>
             <tr><td><?= $SLANG['DeviceChannel'] ?></td><td><select name="newMonitor[Channel]"><?php foreach ( $v4l1DeviceChannels as $name => $value ) { ?><option value="<?= $value ?>"<?php if ( $value == $newMonitor['Channel'] ) { ?> selected="selected"<?php } ?>><?= $name ?></option><?php } ?></select></td></tr>
@@ -626,7 +626,7 @@ switch ( $tab )
             <tr><td><?= $SLANG['CapturePalette'] ?></td><td><select name="newMonitor[Palette]"><?php foreach ( $v4l1LocalPalettes as $name => $value ) { ?><option value="<?= $value ?>"<?php if ( $value == $newMonitor['Palette'] ) { ?> selected="selected"<?php } ?>><?= $name ?></option><?php } ?></select></td></tr>
 <?php
             }
-            else if ( ZM_HAS_V4L2 || $newMonitor['Method'] == 'v4l2' )
+            else if ( ZM_HAS_V4L2 && $newMonitor['Method'] == 'v4l2' )
             {
 ?>
             <tr><td><?= $SLANG['DeviceChannel'] ?></td><td><select name="newMonitor[Channel]"><?php foreach ( $v4l2DeviceChannels as $name => $value ) { ?><option value="<?= $value ?>"<?php if ( $value == $newMonitor['Channel'] ) { ?> selected="selected"<?php } ?>><?= $name ?></option><?php } ?></select></td></tr>
mastertheknife :D
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks for that I will take a look and fix now I am back again. The Natty changes whereby V4L1 is now removed have proved to be a bit of a pain.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

TheRiddle wrote: SOLVE:
In my case after reboot folder /tmp/zm was removed, so I fix this problem by adding to start script code
The new temporary directory of /tmp/zm is just a suggestion. Assuming you are building from source then you can add ZM_TMPDIR=/tmp to the configure line to just use the regular temporary directory. However your change is valid anyway.
Phil