Auto Iris on FOSCAM IP Cameras

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Tim

Auto Iris on FOSCAM IP Cameras

Post by Tim »

Hi,
im new to ZM and have just set up my system. The cameras are working well but i have to manually change the brightness/contrast settings, is there a way to turn on "auto iris" so it alters itself for different light conditions?
My cameras are FOSCAM FI8918W & FI8904W both have the same issue

many thanks
Tim
kryo

*bump*

Post by kryo »

I have the same exact issue. Any guidance on how to configure the Iris settings for FI8918W model?
jeramiah1945

Foscam Auto Iris

Post by jeramiah1945 »

I have a Foscam FI8904W and it has a web interface where you can adjust the brightness and contrast and the auto iris works as well. But I had to retire the camera as the auto iris was very weak. It would not transition smoothly and as it got dark outside the image got darker until all of a sudden the auto iris would kick in and the image would lighten up. But the transition was so dramatic and sudden that it would set off a zoneminder alarm every time. I even setup a preclusive zone but it didn't help. I am not going to use anymore Foscams because of this problem.
arymar

Post by arymar »

Hi,
I have 7 x FI8904W in production around my house with preclusive zones defined and I got rid of 99% of the faulse positive generated by such auto iris ajustments. The defined preclusive zone are setup using Pixels as Units, Alarm Check Methos set to AlarmedPixels, min/max Pixel Threshold set to 20/0, Min/max Alarmed area set to 3/0 and overload Frale Ignore Count set to 0.
This works perfect for me. From the CAM setup, the cameras are set to OutDoor mode.
Hope this helps.
alain