Continuous Recording - 0 second length?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
browndog

Continuous Recording - 0 second length?

Post by browndog »

Hello

I have recently added a new camera to my ubuntu zoneminder setup.
The camera works and records fine in motion detection mode but I want it to continuously record. I have enabled this and an event has been generated, however it is showing as 0 seconds and if I click to view it no video appears.

In Misc under the source settings I have Section length set to 600 which should be 10 minutes. However nearly 20 minutes has passed since the event started and it is still 0 seconds and no new event has been generated.

I've checked the event just now and there is only a single frame after 20 minutes.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks
JRoque

Post by JRoque »

Hi. I'm not going to be too helpful with this but, me too! See if you get the same results: if you disable your monitor (modect, uncheck enable), now you can see your event length. My guess is that it shows length=0 because it is still recording and doesn't know yet the actual length.

I'm also guessing that you're correct, it records continuously once an event has been triggered and it will not stop. I'm not sure how I got my (new) setup to behave that way but if I let it go it will never stop recording. I've even tried section length to 60 secs but it still records endlessly.

JR