Low fps rate

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
td

Low fps rate

Post by td »

Hello,

I'm using ZM 1.24 on an OpenSuse 11.2 box with a quad core cpu. There are several cameras (11 in total) connected, some via IP, some directly via a Kodicom 4400 card.
The cpu load isn't very high, there is much potential left. Despite this I can't manage to reach more than 3 fps, indepent of the camera. I think I have played enough with the possible options via the configuration dialog.

Any idea? Somebody with same/similiar problem?

td
sipi

Low fps rate

Post by sipi »

Kodicom 4400 has 4 bt878 chips. One chip can works max 25 fps in PAL or 30 fps in NTSC. It is summary fps if you use all (4) channel per chip then one channel can works max. 4-6 fps. It depend from toggle speed of channel an a lot of thing. If it works 3-4 fps it is an good average value.
td

Re: Low fps rate

Post by td »

sipi wrote:Kodicom 4400 has 4 bt878 chips. One chip can works max 25 fps in PAL or 30 fps in NTSC. It is summary fps if you use all (4) channel per chip then one channel can works max. 4-6 fps. It depend from toggle speed of channel an a lot of thing. If it works 3-4 fps it is an good average value.
sipi
Thank you for your response. I also think that that 3-4 fps would be ok 5-6 fps should be expected. What bothers me is the fps rate of the remote cameras. Connecting them directly (via web gui) 15 to 20 fps work. But there seems to be a certain maximum fps that is identical for both local and remote cameras.

td