ffmmeg on new UBUNTU 10.10 install

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
buddyp

ffmmeg on new UBUNTU 10.10 install

Post by buddyp »

I have checked http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=54513

and my symptoms are similar but I believe the cause to be entirely different. I am a relative newbie to LINUX though so I don't want to lead astray.

While attempting to make I receive the following:

zm_ffmpeg.h:33: error: #error "No location for avutils.h found"
zm_ffmpeg.h:40: error: #error "No location for avcodec.h found"
zm_ffmpeg.h:47: error: #error "No location for avformat.h found"
zm_ffmpeg.h:55: error: #error "No location for swscale.h found"

I don't believe this to be in a wrong directory as I can't find them anywhere on the system. My ffmpeg install/make seemed to go fairly well.

Has anyone seen this or have any thoughts on the matter?
Total newbie at security cam apps
buddyp

Post by buddyp »

There is an avutil.h in a folder named /ffmpeg-0.6/libavutil but no avutils.h and I thought that everything would be going to /ffmpeg not /ffmpeg-0.6

I'm sure that my lack of understanding of LINUX file system is getting the best of me but I'd really like to learn.
Pada

Post by Pada »

Have a look at my installation script / instructions that I wrote for ZM on Ubuntu 10.10: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16628

It seems to me like you've tried to compile ZM from source without compiling and installing FFmpeg from source too.
It could also be that you forgot to add CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS" to the ZM configure script's command-line arguments, like I've said in 5. !! Note !!
buddyp

Post by buddyp »

Thank you Pada, between these tips and what letsharehowto added on your other post, I have finally made enough progress where I believe can make my way through. I'm looking forward to learning and working with this.
Pada

Post by Pada »

I'm glad you made progress.