Ubuntu 10.10 install script with x264 support

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
pete_c

Great Script

Post by pete_c »

Thanks letsharehowto & Panda for the great install script and guide to installing ZM.

I have a question and not sure whether its related to the build or ZM 1.24.2 in general.

In Release 1.22.0 (on a list of adustments to ZM) it states:

FEATURE : A zm.pid file is now placed in /var/run/zm when ZoneMinder is running, and removed when stopped. This can be used by other elements to check the status of ZoneMinder. The pid in the file is that of the master zmdc.pl server instance.

I've been running ZM for quite a while now (1.23.X) and application/zm were working fine. Just noticed an application not working in the last couple of days that depended on the /var/run/zm/zm.pid. I noticed that the directory/PID wasn't being created.

I changed my startup script such that I am manually creating the /var/run/zm directory and ZM.PID does appear there. I have to do this though every time I boot ZM.

I am wondering if I missed something or if I am circumventing some other process?
Thermopyle

Post by Thermopyle »

Code: Select all

Starting ZoneMinder: zmfix: error while loading shared libraries: libavcore.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/etc/init.d/zm: 86: /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl: not found
failure
edit: Fixed this by doing this.

Next, I tried using "service zm restart" and it warned me that zmpkg.pl wasn't found in /usr/bin (as seen in the first code block in this post). I found all the zm files in /usr/local/bin, so I created symbolic links to them in /usr/bin.

Now, I get this when trying to start the zm service:

therms@EHUD:~$ sudo service zm start
Starting ZoneMinder: failure
If I look at zmpkg.log (the only log file that exists) I see this:

12/24/2010 17:46:44.264932 zmpkg[13039].INF [Command: start]
12/24/2010 17:46:44.454563 zmpkg[13039].ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]
If I just manually run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix" I get nothing.

I'm not sure if this is apropos of this thread, or if I should start a new thread.
pete_c

ZM Fix

Post by pete_c »

I'm not seeing the errors relating to starting ZM / ZM fix in my startup as you see them. My ZMFix file though is in a different place than yours.

[quote]
# cd /usr/bin
# ls zm*
zma zmcontrol.pl zmfilter.pl zmtrack.pl zmupdate.pl zmx10.pl
zmaudit.pl zmdc.pl zmfix zmtrigger.pl zmvideo.pl
zmc zmf zmpkg.pl zmu zmwatch.pl
# /usr/bin# ./zmfix
# /usr/bin#[/quote]

I see the symbolic link relating to startup of ZM in /etc/init.d.

I am seeing other issues though. If I look at a streaming video of one of 11 cams sometimes I see a streaming image that is hours old. Its starting to make me consider falling back to the 1.23.x version of ZM.
martymoose

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 install script with x264 support

Post by martymoose »

Hi will this be updated to 1.24.3 version
cheers again
I donated have YOU?
javiroca

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 install script with x264 support

Post by javiroca »

Hi, congratulations for this great script. Saved me a lot of time.

I tried it in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and it didn't work completely. serverip/zm was not found.

After some testing I found that changing line 24 of your script to:

ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/zoneminder
did the trick. (removed ".conf")

Thank you and keep up the good work

Regards, Javier