No video after changing web port from 80

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
moorsey

No video after changing web port from 80

Post by moorsey »

Hey all,

Changed the web port of apache on my zoneminder machine a couple of days ago, all worked as expected and it is now viewable from the new port.

One thing I did not try until today, is viewing cameras or recorded images. Non of which works now the machine is on a different port?!

Does anyone have any experience with this? Zoneminder is 100% recording OK, have been checking the event logs, nothing gives errors when I click on recorded images to view, which I would expect.

Have tried this locally on the zoneminder machine, from other PCs of the LAN and from outside my network, all the same.

Have changed back to port 80 for now, but would like to use a different port, any ideas?

Cheers

EDIT:

Running latest ZM on Ubuntu 10.04

File I edited to change ports was /etc/apache2/ports.conf, restarted after doing so

Images are stored on a remote share (another Ubuntu machine with NFS share)
linclkh

Post by linclkh »

Did you read the statement in that file, were you may have to edit another file.
I was looking at changing the port , but have not tried as of yet.

let us know if it works.
moorsey

Post by moorsey »

you star!

That cracked it! Can't believe I didn't spot that, I know that folder was there, as I had to make a similar change on another machine I changed the port on, didn't click on my ZM box!

Thanks linclkh, just changing those 2 files and rebooting apache will do the trick