Help; error defining monitors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

Sometimes; at least two or three times.
Everytime I define the second monitor, this "invades" the first one stream.

When I define the second camera relative monitor, the first one relative to the first camera only show video stream from the second camera. Even if I delete the second monitor, the first one remains showing the stream of the second camera.

I deleted all the monitors and defined them again at least three times.
Last edited by thaifas on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redebeer

Post by redebeer »

[b]Mastertheknife[/b] has got point there...
Coming back to your color issue...is both card and camera PAL capable or is one or both ntsc perhaps?

Highly likely, your system is picking up your card as the wrong one....dmesg | grep bttv will show you what its picking up, but in fact, you might have better luck getting colors right by forcing driver, in order for this , we need to identify your card

What card are you using? can you take picture? (i followed link you posted earlier , but can only see cams)

Dude, we all beginners @ some stage in our lives. :wink:
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

redebeer wrote:Mastertheknife has got point there...
Coming back to your color issue...is both card and camera PAL capable or is one or both ntsc perhaps?

Highly likely, your system is picking up your card as the wrong one....dmesg | grep bttv will show you what its picking up, but in fact, you might have better luck getting colors right by forcing driver, in order for this , we need to identify your card

What card are you using? can you take picture? (i followed link you posted earlier , but can only see cams)

Dude, we all beginners @ some stage in our lives. :wink:
Both (cameras and card) are colour capables; I know this because previously to install the system under linux I connected them in a Windows XP system and, the colour was not perfect but it did.

I have to know how must I proceed to upload pictures to the forum; as soon as I'll can, I will remove the card from the box and I will take a photo.

Now the thing I'm care about is that I cannot define more monitors than one. Actually I have connected two cameras (two different models), and I will plan to connect seven or eight, and the system runs correctly with one monitor, but when I define the second, I only can see video from the second camera in both monitors. Even if I delete the second one (monitor), the first remains showing stream of the second camera. With this situation, I think its not a good idea to buy the rest of the equipment.

I start to think, perhabs It will be better to buy another two new cards (to take eight camera connectors) and remove this one from the computer.
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

The card had nothing special; in the front, the chip is labeled as follows:

Code: Select all

CONEXANT
FUSION 878A
25878-132
0945Y1D6
0944 TAIWAN
In the back side:

AOP-104A
S/N: 1003050000118"
[img]http://img826.imageshack.us/i/crim0067.jpg/][IMG]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8481/crim0067.jpg[/img]
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

You can try these settings below i use with mine, maybe it will work.
Just place this in /etc/modprobe.d/bttv.conf

options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
options bttv gbuffers=16 card=77 radio=0 tuner=4 chroma_agc=1 combfilter=2 full_luma_range=1 coring=1 autoload=0
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

I have not any /etc/modprobe.d/bttv.conf file; must I create it?

I have a file called /etc/modprobe.conf, wich I have added in the following line:

options bttv card=77,77 tuner=4,4 radio=0,0 triton1=0 vsfx=0 autoload=0
as it's said in http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Pico2000.

The complete content of the file is:

# Pico 2000 card for ZoneMinder settings
# for two active cameras

options bttv card=77,77 tuner=4,4 radio=0,0 triton1=0 vsfx=0 autoload=0
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

Nothing changed; I created a file called /etc/modprobe.d/bttv.conf with the values indicated and everything goes like before.
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

It looks like if the card only could attend to one camera; I think it could be a driver problem; I have changed the ports where the cameras are connected, I tried all the settings suggested, and nothing changes; all the monitors show the images from one camera.

One thing I don't understand is tha in the source section of the monitor, every one is linked to eachother, but I cannot take it out from the list

These are the settings of one monitor; the other is exactly like this, but has another name, another device chanel, and this one has function=mocord and the other has function=monitor
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Get back to where one camera is working then change the value of "options->config->CAPTURES_PER_FRAME" to 2 or maybe 3. Now create your second monitor.
thaifas

Post by thaifas »

bb99 wrote:Get back to where one camera is working then change the value of "options->config->CAPTURES_PER_FRAME" to 2 or maybe 3. Now create your second monitor.
I still have tried it (2 and 4 frames); i disabled the V4l multi buffer too and havn't get any result.

One curious thing is that, if I define a second one monitor, related to a second camera, and then remove the camera connection from the computer (fisically I'm saying; I disconnect the wire), the second monitor goes on showing the stream.
thaifas

A progress?

Post by thaifas »

After a new fresh system installation, I did:
Added to /etc/modules the following lines:

bttv
bt878 
Added to /etc/modprobe.d/options the line

options bttv card=77 tuner=4 radio=0 triton1=0 vsfx=0 autoload=0
It looks a good prgress, because now, the first monitor shows the firs camera stream, and the second monitor shows both (first and second cameras) alternatively.