Record path, length/size and Cronjob

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Raymondo

Record path, length/size and Cronjob

Post by Raymondo »

Hello,

obviously my camera works fine now with zoneminder 1.24.2. but I have a few questions. Reading the dokumentation doesn't show me a solution, maybe because my english is not really good.

A look under Options --> Paths shows me that the event path is preset to "events" but instead I would like to record a stream on an external storage connected via USB to my netbook.

- Is it right to set the path to the external storage in Options --> Paths --> "events"? For example /media/[name_of_the_storage]/events?

- Where can the size or length of the stream can be defined?

- Is it possible to record for example every day only from 7:00 am until 3.00 pm?

Regards

Ray
Raymondo

Post by Raymondo »

Alright,

the right event path is exactly Options --> Paths --> /media/[name_of_the_storage]/events

I saw, that there where put many jps (5 a second) in the event folder. From every event I can create a video. Is it possible to do this create automatically or better directly withour any single pictures?

Now I have set a filter with the rule:

Monitor Name is Garage_Cam
and
Time is 07:00
and
Time is 15:00

and pressed "submit".

Is this the right way to film every day only between 07.00 am and 03.00 pm?

Regards

Ray
Normando

Post by Normando »

For cron issues read:

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... or_week.3F

The filter is nothing to do with cron. The filter use only to made actions.

For events path, of course you can change to the mounted external usb drive.

The stream "size" depends on quality of jpe images and frame rate.
Raymondo

Post by Raymondo »

Thank you for your answer. :-)
Normando wrote: The stream "size" depends on quality of jpe images and frame rate.
One question to the stream. When i set "record" there are many jpegs (5 per second) in the "events" folder. Then I have to create a video "manually".

Is there a way that the recorded stuff in automatically a stream? Or depends it on the camera? Maybe mine is only able to save jpegs?

Regards

Ray
Normando

Post by Normando »

Yes, or better, create a new filter to create a video automatically for that monitor. Read the wiki and search the forums for "generate video" or "create video".
Raymondo

Post by Raymondo »

Thank you again, Normando. Now I understand the difference between stream and video.

Unfortunatly I can't view recorded streams when the images are saved on an external HDD (storage):

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16392

Reading the wiki doesn't gave me an answer.

Regards

Ray