Need Advice... mocord, modect or record? 24cams...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
limitlessent

Need Advice... mocord, modect or record? 24cams...

Post by limitlessent »

Ok... Right now all 24 of our cams are on mocord and it causes a high load even at 5fps (640x480). Currently using mjpg for better image quality.

I like the idea of having "events" when something moves which is why I chose mocord to begin with. The reason I didn't choose modect is that's what I have it set to at my house with 8 cams and I've noticed it misses things particularly if they're not really close to the camera.

I'd like to lower the load moving to record or modect for some or all of the cams. What do you guys recommend? Aside from just the load issue, which is manageable at 5fps... I've noticed in mocord sometimes if you click the event number, the actual motion event won't show up in the thumbnail, you have to ff or rewind to see it. Not sure if that's by design or if that means it didn't detect the movement.

If I do modect, what can I set in the zone settings to make it pickup everything so I don't miss things? I have it set to "Best, High sensitivity" now in mocord mode.

Or would record be a better choice to ensure nothing is missed?
If I do record, other than scanning the entire weekend for example on every camera is there a way to see what happened?

I'm trying to make it easy for the non-techie people who will be using it to easily see things that have happened in addition to lowering my load if at all possible. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone needs access to view my cams before making a suggestion, just pm me and I'll add you so you can have a look.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
limitlessent

Post by limitlessent »

anyone?
limitlessent

Post by limitlessent »

Ended up going with modect and taking the time to test and adjust each camera's zone(s) individually. Getting very good results.
With all 24 on modect, my load is only 3.24 (4 cores) so I'm happy with it.
Normando

Post by Normando »

limitlessent wrote:Ended up going with modect and taking the time to test and adjust each camera's zone(s) individually. Getting very good results.
With all 24 on modect, my load is only 3.24 (4 cores) so I'm happy with it.
Hi chris, how you achieve load 3.24 for the 24 cameras?
limitlessent

Post by limitlessent »

Switched them all to modect. It required quite a lot of playing with zones but I finally got it. I also disabled the frame server. Seems to be working well.