Can't connect to local MySQL server...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Dark Archon

Can't connect to local MySQL server...

Post by Dark Archon »

I tried to install ZM based on THIS tutorial. I got the following error after the first command:

Code: Select all

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
dpkg: hibás feldolgozás: zoneminder (--configure):
installed post-installation script alfolyamat 1 hibakóddal kilépett
Hibák történtek a feldolgozáskor:
zoneminder
Beállítás: zoneminder (1.24.2-2build3) ...
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
etc., sorry for some hungarian text, it is a hungarian Ubuntu 10.04., but I think it is understandable.

Being installed through software center I got THIS. Error text says (in rough translation): The following dependency is not satisfied. I tried to install all MySQL relevant thing in Synaptic, but nothing happened.

What's wrong?

Thanks,
Dark Archon
Dark Archon

SOLVED

Post by Dark Archon »

After 2 days struggling with this shit, I found no solution. I reinstalled Ubuntu 10.04 and ZM installed correctly finally. But my Logitech Fusion didn't work with it. Of course, I searched through the whole f***g Internet, there's no solution. It works with Skype, works with xawTV, but doesn't work with ZM.

Good work guys! And thanks for your kind support (=no answer after 2 days)!

Final solution: deleted Ubuntu with ZM and the whole goddamn partition. I don't wanna see Ubuntu again EVER. I was starting my suck with 7.10 but now it is ENOUGH! Just waste of time!
Dark Archon
Pada

Post by Pada »

There is a problem with ZoneMinder's startup if you install it from the package manager.
See http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16298 for 2 different solutions.

If you've compiled ZM from the source code in the SVN repositories, then you wouldn't have had that problem either.