Control buttons not working in camera view

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
cscracker

Control buttons not working in camera view

Post by cscracker »

I'm having a problem where the control buttons (rewind, fast forward, pause, play, etc.) are not working when viewing cameras and events. Zoneminder is otherwise in perfect working order -- it is recording, I can view cameras and events, even cambozola works, only the controls are not working. Only the pause button works, and if I click pause, the video playback stops, but then no other buttons work at all. I have to close and reopen the window to view it again.

I have Zoneminder 1.24.1-1ubuntu2 installed on Xubuntu 9.10 amd64. Everything else seems to be working fine, I'm guessing it's a problem with the AJAX, maybe some kind of missing library. I've tried both Firefox 3.5.9 (on the Zoneminder box) and Chromium. I'm a bit afraid to update the machine because of how much tweaking it required to get working in the first place.

I couldn't find anyone else who had this same problem, but maybe I'm not searching for the right terms. I'd really appreciate it if someone can simply point me in the right direction. Thanks for your help.
bfreeman

Re: Control buttons not working in camera view

Post by bfreeman »

Did you ever figure out what your problem was? I am having the same problem. Everything else appears to be working fine, the control buttons are not working at all. I am running ZM 1.24.4 on Red Hat Enterprise 6
grndamgt4

Post by grndamgt4 »

Hello, I had 1.24.X on ubuntu desktop 10.04.
I exported the database, did a fresh install of ubuntu 10.04 server and zm 1.25 from source following the wiki, imported the database and upgraded it to 1.25.
Now I have a similar problem to what you are having with the buttons not working. The pause button is the only clickable button, however, the video does not actually pause.
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Do you have php sockets enabled?

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
grndamgt4

Post by grndamgt4 »

mastertheknife wrote:Do you have php sockets enabled?
Hello, yes it is per phpinfo(). Any other ideas?
grndamgt4

Post by grndamgt4 »

grndamgt4 wrote:
mastertheknife wrote:Do you have php sockets enabled?
Hello, yes it is per phpinfo(). Any other ideas?
I just looked at the longest running sql using:
mysqldumpslow -s c -t 10 /var/log/mysql/*-slow.log
and saw:
Count: 12 Time=84.08s (1008s) Lock=0.11s (1s) Rows=1.3 (16), zmuser[zmuser]@localhost
select Level, count(Level) as LevelCount from Logs where Level < N and from_unixtime(TimeKey)

I then checked the Logs table and saw it had 10million+ records. I truncated that table and login is much faster, and now the buttons including fast foward work.
To help prevent this going forward, i've turned my logging to DB level to error and if it still grows large "Maximum number of log entries to retain" can be changed.