How to relocate all recordings to save to a different dir

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
butlerm1977

How to relocate all recordings to save to a different dir

Post by butlerm1977 »

System CentOS 5.4 running ZM 1.24

I've added a new hard drive usb 2.0 to save recordings to, mounted as /mnt/Media. How do I properly configure ZM to change the default save dir to the new location?

I tried changing the settings under Options -> Path -> DIR_EVENTS to /mnt/Media/events. I also gave ownership of this dir to apache:apache.

Which looks like it was working, the files are being added to the correct mounted drive, but in the GUI the file usage is still reporting from the default location. The tooltip mentions making symbolic links. Can someone please walk me through this?

Thanks!
Mike
motion2082

Re: How to relocate all recordings to save to a different di

Post by motion2082 »

Hi Mike, I would love to know the answer to this also.

Seems like the ZM forums have a shortage of people with knowledge of this program.

Everything seems to lead back to the Wiki which doesnt always answer your questions.

Its a shame there are not more knowledgable people here to help as it would make the program more attractive.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

motion2082 wrote:Hi Mike, I would love to know the answer to this also.

Seems like the ZM forums have a shortage of people with knowledge of this program.

Everything seems to lead back to the Wiki which doesnt always answer your questions.

Its a shame there are not more knowledgable people here to help as it would make the program more attractive.
Well, maybe the problem is that people keep asking the same questions again and again, instead of searching for the answer in the forums (that are already answered).

Let's make a test: searching in google "zoneminder secondary hard drive"-> http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... Hard_Drive

Another test:"zoneminder directory change images events" -> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... es-666396/

But here is a summary:

Code: Select all

# move directories to second hard drive
# http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Using_a_dedicated_Hard_Drive
cd /usr/share/zoneminder
rm events images temp
cd /datadisk/
mkdir events images temp
ln -s /datadisk/events /usr/share/zoneminder/events
ln -s /datadisk/images /usr/share/zoneminder/images
ln -s /datadisk/temp /usr/share/zoneminder/temp
cd /datadisk/
chown www-data:www-data events images temp
Hope it helps,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
asalspammer

Post by asalspammer »

The default scale doesn't seem to affect the montage view. Is there any current solution to this? If not, what do people think the solution should look like?