purgewhenfull does not run until disk is no longer full

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
moorsey

purgewhenfull does not run until disk is no longer full

Post by moorsey »

Hi all,

Set up purgewhenfull yesterday, but it does not keep the disc percentage to the 90% I set it to.

I can see in the logs that it runs once per minute, as it should. But I thought it was supposed to keep on running, deleting 10 events, until the disc percentage was met as per the filter. This is not the case.

It runs, removes 10 events, cameras start recording, then errors out when disc is full again, this happens every minute.

Have tried deleting the filter and re-creating my own version, exactly the same, still no joy. Also turned off fast delete.

I have symlinks setup and working for recorded events, this should not make any difference though I suppose.

Run in background is checked.

Anything I missed? Followed the FAQ etc

Cheers
bb99

Post by bb99 »

"Limit to first X results only" Change your value to one that allows ZMAudit to stay ahead or try leaving blank to see if filter takes as much as it needs (haven't tried this myself).
moorsey

Post by moorsey »

ahh, I think you got it, not enough events were being deleted. I think it is because a lot of my earlier recordings were tiny, they are much bigger now, so can drop the number of events down gradually

Many thanks indeed!