Phone call on alert

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
jeromio

Phone call on alert

Post by jeromio »

I've searched quite a bit and I have not really found any info on how to get zoneminder to make a phone call. I don't have any gateways, what I'd like to do is use google voice or skype or some other free/cheap internet/phone service to generate a voice call as an alert. I don't even really care if the call has any audio - the phone call from a specific number will be very useful (so it could be a data call using a cheap modem in the PC).

Has anyone had success with this idea? I don't want to setup asterisk and SIP/VOIP gateways - that's overkill. Gnokii won't be very useful b/c I'd need to have a mobile phone and a cell account.
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

without gateways,mobile phones, sip accounts, gsm . mmmm dificult....

Try with two tins and a lot of patience :)
jeromio

Post by jeromio »

Well, clearly there must be a PSTN gateway in the mix somewhere - just not in my stack. But perhaps via Skype or google voice or some other service that offers PSTN termination.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

You have no idea how much work that would be to reverse enginer a protocoll. Go look at http://linuxmce.com/ they did something simmaler with the alarm intergration. but they use a PBX not skype.
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

I think an easy solution is gnokii + cheap phone from ebay.

apt-get install gnokii

gnokii --dialcall
bikeidaho

Zoneminder + Asterisk

Post by bikeidaho »

Here is a link on how to get Asterisk to initiate an outbound call using a text file which you could run using Zoneminder Event Detection.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php ... o-dial+out