Cannot view images live or from the events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
theforce

Cannot view images live or from the events

Post by theforce »

First I had everything setup and working. I moved my events folder to a larger drive and made the links to it. I could view the live stream and event images.

Then I tried to get a reverse proxy working with apache. I got to the point to where it was working. BUT after I was finally able to connect to the ZM server I could no longer view any images from the live stream or from the events.

I tried undoing everything I modified to get the reverse proxy working but I still cant view any images.

Nothing has changed in the ZM config.

Any ideas?

Just tell me what you need and how to get it and I will post it.
theforce

Post by theforce »

I think I found out the problem.

I had apache setup to listen to port 443 and 80 because my ISP blocks port 80 or so I thought.

Accessing zoneminder over port 443 resulted in missing images.

So its actually working fine over port 80.

Is there anyway to get it to work over port 443?

Here is a new problem.
I'm trying to setup a reverse proxy so I can access zoneminder with servername.mydomain.com/cameras

I can get access to zonminder and bring up pages but the images wont show. In fact when I try to access a camera it asks for a username and password. This looks like a request from apache as if .htaccess was setup for something.

Any ideas on how to fix my new problem? And get it to work on port 443?
cordel

Post by cordel »

Should work just fine on 443. Try checking the apache error logs and see if anything sticks out.
FYI, I run mine over ssl all the time.
twomonkeysayoyo

Post by twomonkeysayoyo »

I also can't seem to get the web console to display an image. It just appears broken in Firefox, or not at all in IE and Chrome. The machine does record fine, and I can record things, have an event, see them in the 'event's directory, but can't see anything over the browser.

I'm running Gentoo, Apache2 and the emerged version (1.24.2.2) of zoneminder.
theforce

Post by theforce »

After following some of the SSL guides I have finally secured my zoneminder server from outside access. I can now access the server from port 443 using https. I used my own self signed certificates.