ZM Motion Detection time extension

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
kongobongo

ZM Motion Detection time extension

Post by kongobongo »

I have two analogue cameras connected to BT848 cards in my ZM 1.24 installation.

I would like to configure them so that once motion is detected, they will carry on recording for 30 minutes, if further motion is detected before the 30 minutes ends, then the time will be extended for a further 30 minutes.

Does anyone know the best way of achieving this?
kongobongo

Post by kongobongo »

Ok, i've made some progress. I've set the section length to 1800 seconds so when it detects motion it will record for 30 minutes after the event.

Is there a way to extend this recording indefinitley whilst it is still detecting motion?
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Section length is a setting for Record mode, default value of 600 seconds means to capture 10 min parts.
I believe the setting you are looking for is Post Event Image Count, set it to: CaptureFPS*Seconds, or simply YourFPS*1800

mastertheknife.
kongobongo

Post by kongobongo »

Ok, ive set my cameras up as follows....

As I see it, this should start recording an event 25 frames before it happens and keep recording for 15minutes after the event..

There is nobody in the office at the moment so I can't confirm but does this look correct?
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

It looks correct and should record 15 minutes after an event.
From your calculation of 13,500 i assume your capture FPS is 15 fps.
You might want to also extend the Pre Event Image Count a little, to maybe something like 50 and increase Image Buffer to 100 (Pre must be no more than 1/2 of image buffer according to the FAQ), this should give you 3.3 seconds record before an event, instead of 1.6 seconds as you have now.

mastertheknife
kongobongo

Post by kongobongo »

Ok, checked the server today and I have one 27minute event from one camera and two half hour events from the other.

Just downloading the video now to check if things all match up
kongobongo

Post by kongobongo »

Right, i've had a look at the first event, it was 27:42 in length.

The last bit of motion that I can see on the video is at 7:10

Yet the video carried on recording for a further 20:30

Anyone any ideas on why?
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

After the alarm in around 7:10, the video went recording another 15 minutes, but n alarm was probably detected somewhere around minute 11-13, causing it to record another 15 minutes.
kongobongo

Post by kongobongo »

Ok, i've come in this morning and checked the events so far and am seeing the screen below

As you can see, there is an event which seems to have no details and also an event that is shorter than the 15 minutes minimum I have set.

Anyone any ideas what is happening? Would I be barking up the wrong tree by looking at shared memory?